Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Dirt Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did the new Dirt Wheels actually test a 650?

Looked to me like the headline was pre ride review???

What a crappy way to sell magazines. i left it on the rack.

Old 03-08-2001, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

DieselPro,

The article in the April 2001 DirtWheels covering the Kawasaki 650 (KVF650) is not a ride review, but a "Ride Preview". It is basically a few of the publicity shots from Kawasaki (probably the same ones used in the brochure). All of the article is a Q/A format with Jim Williams, the ATV Product manager at Kawasaki. Throughout the article, he uses phrases like "it's almost unfair to compare it anything out there", "I've ridden Yamaha Grizzly's, Polaris Sportsmen 500s and all the other competitors' models and this will blow all of these away. It really is no comparison". He ends the article with "For everyone who has been waiting for Kawasaki to do something fantastic in the ATV world - the wait is over".

The entire article was purely the subjective viewpoint of Jim Williams. Of course he is going to say it is the best. He isn't paid to issue statements to a national magazine that will in any way diminish the hype surrounding Kawasaki's only real chance to have the "latest and greatest" 4x4ATV, until someone else comes out with something new, bigger, better or faster.

I am sure it will be a great product, but a review of the machine by a DirtWheels staff rider would be better. We can get this type of coverage for free from the local Kawasaki dealer.

Yammer_Hummer

Old 03-08-2001, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

You are correct. They suckered me into buying their $5 magazine because is said REVIEW on the cover. The article was nothing more than the Prairie 650 product manager just giving out details that have already been published. Nothing new. Boy did it **** me off. The still didn't mention a release date.