Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my 07BF750, help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 07BF750, help

ok hope you guys dont think im to stupid for this but, i have a o7 brute force 750 just bought it from the owner im running hmf exhaust, 2 in lift 29 1/2 outlaw tires on itp rims kand n air filter been garage kept and everything, my problem is the motor is running great no knocks no nothing but im not running fast at all i got up to 33 mph are the tires slowing me down or is it a drive belt or what because i thought the brute would be way stronger than this, let me know what you guys think.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Big tires= speeder meter reading slower then actual speed. Try running side by side with a stock bike and check the difference.
If you are running a stock clutch and belt then that could also be part of the problem. You got some big tires for a stock drivetrain.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ahhh well I got the stock tires also ill put them on and see if there is a difference, thanks alot

Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dosnt seem like there is any real power there I mean 4 low seems really strong but my 2 high just isn't hitting on nothing

Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Trailblazer

If your motor is winding up and you are not moving, its a good sign that your drivetrain has a problem. Slipping belt or clutch.
I noticed you say you have a K and N and a HMF. Have the carbs been jetted? If not, you are not getting much from your mods. Your carbs need bigger jets to handle performance parts.
Other little things to check for are tire pressure, dragging brakes, fouled plugs, bad gas (if it has been sitting) gummed up carbs (if it has been sitting). Run good gas (93) I tried running cheap gas in my 750 it does not like it much.
More information you give us the better.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Beekbrute750
29 1/2 outlaw tires on itp rims
im not running fast at all i got up to 33 mph
If your 33 mph reading is from the meter on the quad, it is LOWER than actual with those big tires. You need to get an electronic module that recalibrates the speedo signal from the speedo sensor.

If you still think if there is some kind of problem, always do the the basic mechanical check first; compression and/or leak down test of the engine.