Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

tell me why i'm better off with what i bought? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:26 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m.jones101604
700 sportsman
2 cv shafts
both u-joints in the front shaft twice
at least 4 cv boots
lifter
cracked header pipe
and finaly a twisted frame
forgot also a front motor mount witch caused me to burn up 2pvt belts well more like blow apart

sp800
3 cv boots
again header pipe cracked
speedo issues messing with awd also with 700
lifter

bf
cv shaft
had issues with the 4wd engaging
carb issues

other than that on all of them it was mainly me breaking things I will be the first to admit I AM ROUGH ON THINGS if its made to ride its made to ride harder. and I wasn't trying to say people wrighting about issues are full of crap I mean this hole die hard CAN_AM, polaris, kawi, suk, yam, when it comes down to it its all personal prefrence and what you are comfortable on every one is diffrent you might like can ams power and handling, just like I might not over yamaha or polaris.
like I said wasn't trying insault any one just in general what you ride is what you like so any way you look at it you will have somthing against other brands BECAUSE Its not your brand I was not being bias in the end with me on the seat they are all crap. I maintain them but beat the living snot out of them.
I figured I would comment on the original post since some how it got side tracked

hmmm- nice list of "crap" you got there.

you seem to be the only "die hard" poster in this thread bringing it down.

but when it comes to issues every one is full of crap
I wasn't trying to say people wrighting about issues are full of crap

you seem confused

nothing too "off topic" here. The op is getting the feed back he was looking for-

Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx guys already found out the overheat is because the fan is not working. whether due to bad motor or switch. I took quad to 'my man' and having the dynojet installed. I'll buy a Dynatek CDI & install myself later. I'll take the stock CDI box and a new CVT belt with me on trip. I may think about an clutch kit later too and that will be it. (they do make them for stock height tires) . The radiator and whole quad is clean-I don't like the red, but i'm not a hunter, and yes i would say considering the aftermarket wheels and good tires that i got a bargain. I JUST MISSED an 07 Polaris 700? with a brand new plow and rack pack for $3500(DANG!), but I'm not complainig about the $4K i gave for this 06 Kawi. crossy

Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossy
thanx guys already found out the overheat is because the fan is not working. whether due to bad motor or switch. I took quad to 'my man' and having the dynojet installed. I'll buy a Dynatek CDI & install myself later. I'll take the stock CDI box and a new CVT belt with me on trip. I may think about an clutch kit later too and that will be it. (they do make them for stock height tires) . The radiator and whole quad is clean-I don't like the red, but i'm not a hunter, and yes i would say considering the aftermarket wheels and good tires that i got a bargain. I JUST MISSED an 07 Polaris 700? with a brand new plow and rack pack for $3500(DANG!), but I'm not complainig about the $4K i gave for this 06 Kawi. crossy
crossy- I would seriously consider doing the cvt toggle fix- it's the black box on top of your cvt housing- it's just a toggle switch that hangs down- when the belt slips or becomes lose, it hits the toggle and puts you in limp-home mode. I just drilled out the 2 rivits and flipped the box up, then resealed the holes. Now you won't have to remove the cvt cover everytime the toggle trips-(well, it'll no longer trip and leave you on a trail) which kept happening on my bf even with a new belt and only 500 miles on the clutch.

You also want to learn (like it's second nature) how to reset the limp-home mode with the factory jumper located under the seat- trust me on this...

Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Here the good news Your Brute has more power than the Grizzly 660 and 700 Sportsman.

I never have any problems with carbs on anything so having no EFI would be no big deal for me. The carbed 750 brute has more power then the EFI version. Not by much mind you.

Never rode a Brute but we have two 700 Sportsman's in our fishing group,one is EFI and the other is a 2002 700 with carbs, I rode both many times and cant tell them apart in performance or behavior. I also ride a EFI 500 and 800 Sportsman and 420 Rancher and if anyone says they can tell a throttle body ATV from a carbed ATV while riding down the trail there kidding themselves.

Can Am 650______55.4 hp
Brute 750 Carb____50.1 hp
Polaris 800_______50.1 hp
Brute 750 EFI_____49.8 hp
King Quad 750____49.6 hp
King 700_________48.5 hp
Grizzly 700________45.6 hp
Polaris 700_______44.3 hp
AC 700 H1_______41.4 hp
AC 700__________41.4 hp
Grizzly 660_______40.9 hp

Old 07-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer

[QUOTE=TLC;3047455]Here the good news Your Brute has more power than the Grizzly 660 and 700 Sportsman.

I guess the only bad news then, by your chart, is that the main guy i'm riding with does have a Can Am 650 and it has a clutch kit, pipe & programmer, but I'll be a lot closer to with the BF than the 500HO I was going to buy or my current kodiak 400 which i loved , but now has to go. thanx for the chart. crossy

Old 07-16-2011, 01:44 AM
rv
Pro Rider
Default there all good imo

Originally Posted by crossy
2006 Kawi brute force 750 4x4I.
I can’t really tell you what made me finalize on the Kawi other than $ was right and it was close to me compared to others. BUT now that it is a done tell me why I better off with this Kawi than the Grizzly 660 or Polaris 700 that I ALMOST bought. It was tough for me to decide on one with carbs, but my serious ‘mechanic’ around here is very good at old school stuff. I was thinking either of the other two would be much easier on fuel. The grizzly because it’s a single cyl. And the Polaris is EFI. BUT ANYWAY- I bought the right one. Right?
thanx , crossy
Iv owned all of them over the years im 49 years young, it like this if ya want to play you have to pay! and the harder ya play the more ya pay,when my machines break down is my fault i dont blame the machine for my abuse to it, hell no iv bent axles forks handle bars,all my fault ,or just general ware the machine will keep on running with some cash spent on parts,keep them clean and servise them and thay will last a long time.iv always liked the Kawi Performance myself.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rv
Iv owned all of them over the years im 49 years young, it like this if ya want to play you have to pay! and the harder ya play the more ya pay,when my machines break down is my fault i dont blame the machine for my abuse to it, hell no iv bent axles forks handle bars,all my fault ,or just general ware the machine will keep on running with some cash spent on parts,keep them clean and servise them and thay will last a long time.iv always liked the Kawi Performance myself.

Like RV said you look after them , service them , and there last . I also prefer the carb less things to go wrong and leave you in the bush . My 2008 PoPo 500 HO has 11,000 miles on it and the carb has never been off or touched , it's been problem free except normal wear items .

Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

just thought i would thank those who gave me some tips here and on the VARIOUS QUESTIONS post i made. Our ride in Moosehead Lake Maine got cut short by a broken half shaft on one of the can Ams, but I was brutal on my 06 BF and nothing broke. I need to find out why it shuts off as soon as I WADE thru water deeper than a foot. If i splash thru it's OK. There was one particular trail about 3 miles long that was a brutal up hill -down, whoops, ROCKS and puddles and I ripped through it at an averade speed of 30MPH. I thought the whole suspension would get ripped off, but nothing happened except a small piece of my Executioner tire bead got ripped. . The one Polaris 850 broke a rear sway bar, but was overall depenadable and quite the pack mule of the trip. He had everything loade don that thing. we put on 135 miles in 1-1/2 days of riding. Adam Doolittle from Conn. wherever you are now - THANX. without our UNplanned guided tour from him (chance meeting) the trip would have been a total bore because most trails that were on the map were wide & flat for snowmobiles.
My homemade splash guard for left engine and radiator grille guard worked out nice. The Dynatek added BIG low end power too. we never drag raced, but i had no problem with keeping up and got to roost a close follower pretty good. I'm ready for something MUCH closer and cheaper although i must say it was beautiful there and the 75 degree days was a PLEASANT change from the 90+ here. crossy