Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

tell me why i'm better off with what i bought? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell me why i'm better off with what i bought? LOL

2006 Kawi brute force 750 4x4I.
I can’t really tell you what made me finalize on the Kawi other than $ was right and it was close to me compared to others. BUT now that it is a done tell me why I better off with this Kawi than the Grizzly 660 or Polaris 700 that I ALMOST bought. It was tough for me to decide on one with carbs, but my serious ‘mechanic’ around here is very good at old school stuff. I was thinking either of the other two would be much easier on fuel. The grizzly because it’s a single cyl. And the Polaris is EFI. BUT ANYWAY- I bought the right one. Right?
thanx , crossy

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

If you bought the one that makes you happy, you picked the right one.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossy
2006 Kawi brute force 750 4x4I.
I can’t really tell you what made me finalize on the Kawi other than $ was right and it was close to me compared to others. BUT now that it is a done tell me why I better off with this Kawi than the Grizzly 660 or Polaris 700 that I ALMOST bought. It was tough for me to decide on one with carbs, but my serious ‘mechanic’ around here is very good at old school stuff. I was thinking either of the other two would be much easier on fuel. The grizzly because it’s a single cyl. And the Polaris is EFI. BUT ANYWAY- I bought the right one. Right?
thanx , crossy
I would've picked either of the other 2 before the bf 750- I had 2 of'em with low miles and they were both problematic - especially those carbs. Make sure you do the jet fix if you already have not done it...

Old 07-13-2011, 09:52 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
If you bought the one that makes you happy, you picked the right one.

is that true with wives also (notice the plural)

Old 07-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

well i've had the WIFE(singular) for 31 years so i have nothing to judge by.
BTW- some QUICK checking before i bought showed the Polaris with serious computer issues and i didn't want that for sure. A quad will still run with bad jetting, but not a bad ECM.
tell me WHAT is problematic so I can look for cures.
was the dynajet kit a good purchase. ?
crossy

Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
is that true with wives also (notice the plural)

Did you notice when you bought your quad, there was a warranty available?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Did you notice when you bought your quad, there was a warranty available?
hehe- nice!

Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Range Rover

not being partial

I have always been true polaris but when it comes to issues every one is full of crap. doesn't matter what brand they all have issues time to time I have had a sportsman 700-800, not a bf 750 but a 650. the 700 broke down all the time the 800 was alot better than the 700 I had these roughly 3 years a piece. worst thing on the bf was a cv shaft. I liked the brutes power over the 700 but I like the awd of polaris more than the kawi set up. when it comes down to it they are all the same minus honda's (be better off in a golf cart.) they all have issues some time or another. thats why I went to a yfz I like mud and all but don't have to cut wood for the house no more and parts are so much cheaper than the 4x4's I would say you made a good choice as long as the price was right

Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by m.jones101604
I have always been true polaris but when it comes to issues every one is full of crap. doesn't matter what brand they all have issues time to time I have had a sportsman 700-800, not a bf 750 but a 650. the 700 broke down all the time the 800 was alot better than the 700 I had these roughly 3 years a piece. worst thing on the bf was a cv shaft. I liked the brutes power over the 700 but I like the awd of polaris more than the kawi set up. when it comes down to it they are all the same minus honda's. they all have issues some time or another. thats why I went to a yfz I like mud and all but don't have to cut wood for the house no more and parts are so much cheaper than the 4x4's I would say you made a good choice as long as the price was right

sooo- everyone is full of crap when they post about issues they've experienced with their atv's.... then you continue your post by listing issues you've had with your atv's....

Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Range Rover
Smile

Originally Posted by beergut
sooo- everyone is full of crap when they post about issues they've experienced with their atv's.... then you continue your post by listing issues you're had with your atv's....
700 sportsman
2 cv shafts
both u-joints in the front shaft twice
at least 4 cv boots
lifter
cracked header pipe
and finaly a twisted frame
forgot also a front motor mount witch caused me to burn up 2pvt belts well more like blow apart

sp800
3 cv boots
again header pipe cracked
speedo issues messing with awd also with 700

bf
cv shaft
had issues with the 4wd engaging
carb issues

other than that on all of them it was mainly me breaking things I will be the first to admit I AM ROUGH ON THINGS if its made to ride its made to ride harder. and I wasn't trying to say people wrighting about issues are full of crap I mean this hole die hard CAN_AM, polaris, kawi, suk, yam, when it comes down to it its all personal prefrence and what you are comfortable on every one is diffrent you might like can ams power and handling, just like I might not over yamaha or polaris.
like I said wasn't trying insault any one just in general what you ride is what you like so any way you look at it you will have somthing against other brands BECAUSE Its not your brand I was not being bias in the end with me on the seat they are all crap. I maintain them but beat the living snot out of them.
I figured I would comment on the original post since some how it got side tracked

Quick Reply: tell me why i'm better off with what i bought? LOL