Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Should i buy??? Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i buy??? Need help!!

Hey Guys,
Im new to this thread. I have a 2005 Arctic Cat 500 and its not what i though it was. Its sold, just waiting pickup. Anyways, I have looked around and i'v found a 2008 Brute Force 750 with a plow, winch , ss rims with big horns on all for cornor's and it has 2500 km. He wants 5500$ for it. Is that a good buy for that bike? How has this bike ben for you boys that have them. Are the reliable? Do they have alot of problems? I want to make sure i get the right bike this time!! I know a few guys that owned 05 and 06 brute force 650's and they didnt have good luck with them so i dont want to buy this bike unless i hear from you guys that its a good bike!
Thanks Guys!!
Tyler

Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never owned a BF, but the basic machine is similar to the 650 models. What is the issue with the cat? You will get better advice if we know what shortcomings it had for you.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy i bought it from only bought it for his wife and she didnt ride hard. when i got her home i filled it up (with supreme) and i went for about 2 miles and it bogged out and died. couldnt get it going. so i took it home and cleaned the carb. worked for about 2 weeks and it did it again. i tred a different type of gas, everything and it still is boggy.but its not as bad as before. the 4 wheel drive kickes in and out while drive in snow or if im in a little bit of mud. some times it says it out of 4 wheel drive and it still is!! iv never water half way up the tires and the throttle freezes! that was one of the last straws! then just 2 weeks ago i was out with a couple buddies and one of them got stuck and i pulled him out with the trailer hitch and on the way home it didnt sound right and when i got home it smelled funny and i looked in the rear end and there was rear end oil leaking out . that was the last straw!! i took it to the local arctic cat dealership and told them to fix the rear end and do a tune up. i took it home and it still didnt work right so i put in up for sale for 5000$ and some dude came bought it off me for 4800$ and hes coming to get it tomorrow. i told him about the problems and he said he will get it all fixed. so now i want somthing thats reliable and not like that hunk of junk!!!