Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2015/16 brute force 750 vs grizzly 700

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
The BF 750 and 700 Grizzly are the same weight. Name a light weight big bore Utility 4x4 ATV? There is ho such thing.
Depends on what year of BF and Grizz, and whether you pick EPS or not. The new Grizz is quite a bit heavier than my old Brute. The new Brute is also heavier than my old one.

The lightest 4x4 utility quads are not light compared to the sport quads of course. But a 630 pound Prairie or Rincon feels like a feather compared to a 900 pound Can Am or Polaris. Get them in the rocks where you gotta muscle them around or off the spot, or swing the butt end around on a flatbed trailer and you'll quickly see what I'm talking about. I can do a Brute or a Prairie or a Rinny by myself, but I can't do a Po or a G2 Cannie without help.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just joined here but here is my thoughts

First I don't want to be biased as I own a 2016 Brute Force 750 and a 2015 Brute Force 300.
At the bottom I will supply a link that I think is really fair!

I love my brute and that's what I wanted but I did almost get a KingQuad 750. So it depends on what your really looking for. Here is why I like Brute Force:

- The raw quick power of that V-twin motor!!!
- I love the engine breaking ! There are some trails down the road and it is about 75 acres of trails, ruts, couple big hills and the. Some straight ways. I honestly don't use the breaks at all for the most part .i can post a short video where you can see, other trails won't be that way.
- You can add a lot of mods if you wanted
- I like the 4wd drive set up with the lever (some do not and I understand why)
-THE EPS IS AWESOME ON THIS MACHINE. They programmed it so good! When you are going slow it turns so easy but it does tighten up at higher speeds so you don't flip Etc.
-EFI IS GREAT. Starts right up in the cold and rides better then the carb version.
- I like the rear wet brakes and they will last a LONG time . Some people do not prefer them.

NOW A GRIZZLY is a great bike and Yamaha typically won't let you down. I would like to get a Yamaha raptor 700 also. The grizzly has a great suspension and does really good on any trails.
MAINLY IT WONT HAVE THE TAKE OFF POWER OF A BRUTE.

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU CHECK OUT THE SUZUKI KINGQUAD 750 also. It has power, I think it may be slightly faster then the grizzly. The suspension is really good and the seat is SOOOO comfortable . I think if you rode all 3 on all kinds of trails like in the video below you would be most comfortable on the KQ.

I will admit the new CANAM XMR650 is a beast . Where the horsepower does come in is if you are going to be mud riding . I don't ride trough lakes and deep mud but if I was going to, I would go with can am.
My choice is still Brute Force but all of the ones in the video would be great quads except I would not buy the Honda when comparing to these others.

. Now don't just take the video results look what the riders wrote because 2 of the 4 riders made a clear cut decision that they would choose the brute but by points it ranks them pretty fair :

http://www.atv.com/manufacturers/suzuki/2014-japanese-big-bore-utility-atv-shootout-video-2363.html