Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2003 kawasaki prairie 650 coolant change

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 kawasaki prairie 650 coolant change

I need to change the coolant on my 2003 Prairie but cant find any information on how to do it. Can anyone help? Thanks

Old 08-30-2017, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Shouldn't be that hard, find a hose as low as possible in the cooling system, disconnect and let drain. Flush with garden hose as good as you can, especially the radiator. I also try blowing out as much water as possible with air compressor, then mix up new coolant 50/50 with "distilled" water, do not use tap water and add back into system. When full run machine and finish topping off the system as it circulates. Close it up and keep an eye on it for the next few outings to make sure it is full.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey artsmg im sorry to change the subject but i have a 2012 prairie 360 (all parries are practically the same) but the front diff on my prairie is making a knocking noise its been like this for a few mounts now and its showing no performance issues but i want to fix it before something breaks im pretty sure it has fluid in it and i don't know of what else i could do have you had this same problem with yours and if you did what did you do to fix it.and also i think that the seal where the drive shaft connects to the diff and the crank case seal is bad.