Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help with a Kawasaki clutch please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a Kawasaki clutch please!

So I was changing the clutch on a Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4, there is a spring with two long arms called a gear return around I think, somewhere in the process it got bumped out of place. I can not figure out where it goes, I attached a link to a video where someone has the same problem but they never say how to fix it. I will also attach the part number and if anyone can help me find out how it's supposed to be assembled i would be very greatful. I spend a few hours on this already today and I've done lots of research but I can't find the way this spring is supposed to sit. I would really love some advice, thank you everyone!

You can see the spring for a second in the video, it has two long arms and is sitting above the piece with the two hooks that's move the gears up and down. If anyone could help me work this out I would really appreciate it!! Thank you!

[I]The red circle is the spring I'm referencing, this picture is from the video but mine was in the same place. <br/><br/>If I move the spring down over the tab circled in yellow, you can't shift the quad at all because the spring gets caught on the stopper marked in orange. <br/><br/>If I go below it the spring just falls, and I already know going above it all is incorrect, so what should I do? Hahah thanks again.

Last edited by NoahPeitz; 11-04-2017 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Adding pictures and information
Old 11-04-2017, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a screen shot from the video to show you guys the exact problem.

The red circle is the spring I'm referencing, this picture is from the video but mine was in the same place. <br/><br/>If I move the spring down over the tab circled in yellow, you can't shift the quad at all because the spring gets caught on the stopper marked in orange. <br/><br/>If I go below it the spring just falls, and I already know going above it all is incorrect, so what should I do? Hahah thanks again.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

This is something that a manual would help in as most good ones would go into detail on clutches,shifting disassembly and assembly.https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail....service-repair

Old 11-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

A few years ago I had Kawasaki machines and loved them, I also had a service manual, but when I got into a pinch I used "Nyroc's atv website" as he was a Kawasaki expert at the time. You might try posting your questions over there if you don't get a response on here. Good luck