Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

650 review in ATV Action

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got done reading the review on the new Prairie. I was shocked to read the way ATV Action praised this beast. They even made referances to their oh mighty Honda. Refering to the shifter "It works so smoothly and positively it makes a Honda Rubicon's feel bad" another "This CVT comes out looking good compared to any transmission,even Hondas Hondamatic" "This thing rips! We're talking roost-throwing,wheelie- riding,train car-towing power,here.Nothing,and we mean nothing in the 4WD sport-utility class is even close." They praised everything about the new Prairie.....except that a hitch is not standard! I know the nay-sayers will say the plastic is too thin and complain about the aluminum swing arm, but aluminum swingarms are proven reliable and I think if it took three years to develop this quad that the plastic isn't going to shatter like a window pain in the cold. Kawie has finally,FINALLY raised the bar to a new level.(Even though the didn't raise the price to a new level) Think about it...How can you improve on the 4x4 system? The locking front and the way it operates is truely genious. They said the brakes are super strong. Wow! Now If they only drop the same type of bomb on the sport market! Oh yeah, I wonder how many people actually got tired of waiting and bought something else????L.O.L!

2000 Mojave
2001 TrailBoss

Old 04-26-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

i was thinking about it, i am glad i am waited, but i am still waiting , this sucks, i think it will be worth it though, there is alot of new stuff on it, it will be fun to compare to the grizz and sportsmans,

Old 04-26-2001, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like an excellent review. I haven't read the magazine but will be looking for it. I wouldn't worry about the aluminum swingarm. It's about time that the manufacturers started incorporating the weight saving features found on the sport quads. As far as durability goes, every MX bike made uses an aluminum swingarm so it isn't an issue. What's funny is all the guys who couldn't wait will now have to read the reviews and watch their buddies buy superior machines.

Old 04-27-2001, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

I bought a 2001 Prairie 400 just a couple of months ago. I didn't know about the 650 at the time. But, having a Prairie I can say the 650 must be an incredible machine. The 400 is my first ATV and I've never one time been sorry about getting it. It's a blast!

I'll miss the 650 but just like PC's, I'll be there when the next one (bigger one!) comes out. Probably not long from now.

oh, and BTW, I still like the way my 400 looks over the 650. If the 650 falls short anywhere it's on looks. Not that that is important... but hey.