Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lakota racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks stebob is nice to here from a lakota guy i always read your post you are very positive about the lakota and lakota sport. If they made that stuff it would definetly be cool. I d be happy with a dg bumper dg or ac or graydon nerfs and dg grabbar. i got a supertrapp ids2 on your recomendation a whle back thanks it works like a champ you may have read my post before. See my friend donny and i used to both go in here under redd888 cause my email was not working but now im highflinlakotasport2 and hes bluelakota. We are like dead even on my track on 5 laps one hear i had a time of 4 minutes 10 seconds and 44 milliseconds he had 4 minutes 11 seconds and 20 milliseconds. On another heat he had 4 minutes 9 seconds and 43 milliseconds and i had 4 minutes 10 seconds and 12 milliseconds that is close. Keep the positive lakota post coming thanks alot stebob

Old 09-08-2001, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

I just wanted to add that my friend I was talking about also has raced some harescrambles on his lakota and done pretty well. I was specifically talking MX when I said that they werent real good at that, however in XC and woods type racing they are excellent as thats what they are made for, trails and stuff.
I stick by my MX comments, I dont think they are well suited MXers, its possible, but I think before too long you will break lots of stuff, I could be wrong.

Old 09-09-2001, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

i would suggest losing all the weight you can thats what i did on my polaris ppl said it could not be MXed but i proved them wrong lol
good luck racing your quads guys.
dont let anyone tell you that it cant be done cause anything is possible.

Old 09-09-2001, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

REDD888 Do you still have that DG for sale.

Old 09-09-2001, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

i think he still does he will be on here monday mornin

Old 09-09-2001, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad you like your pipe! I appreciate your comments. Yeah, I remember Redd888. I don't think the Lakota gets the recognition it should.

If you are going to get serious about MXing/Harescrambles (or whatever your pleasure), get Works shocks for it. They do make them. I got a chrome grab bar for mine. Well, actually someone gave it to me, but they got it off the Kaw. website. Since you are racing too, I've heard that a Mojave carb. gives better performance too. However, getting the jetting right is going to takes some time I think. You should also call Web Cams. If I remember correctly they will have you send your cam and they will "rework" it for you.

Is the machine heavy? Yes. However, the aftermarket could help that if they wanted too. Being heavy just makes you stronger and become a better rider. If you can keep with the "MXer" style bikes on a Lakota, that says something about the combination of your riding and the machine.

Are you going to break stuff? Probably. That just goes with the territory. They all break when racing at one point or another.

Was the Lakota MADE for MXing. I don't think so. However, anything is raceable and the Lakota is a fun machine regardless what anyone else says. Besides all that not many STOCK quads are made for MXing. Yes, even the 400EX. I know a race the Lakota will just walk all over the 400EX. REVERSE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. F*** that Flintstone way of backing up. Come on Honda, one the best rated four wheelers out there and you leave off something so simple and desired.

No matter what you do, have fun, be safe, and F--- what everyone else thinks.

Old 09-10-2001, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

Well personally owning both a Warrior and a Lakota I can attest that Lakotas,stock for stock,have better suspension than warriors although the rear shock aint got none rezzy.And the Warriors axle is wider than a Lakotas,Lakotas just have real offset wheels.However now that I have modded my wardog a little;20x11-9 ITP Holeshots,Sunstar 15 tooth sprocket,homemade .250" thick swingarm skid plate,Moose low bend handlebars,Smith Dual Density Grips,Barnett Kevlar clutch kit,Reversed rear rims, and other little stuff my Warrior totally kicks the Lakotas ***! Once I get some new shocks and various other tidbits I... well it just makes me giggle like a little girl! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] the Lakota is a good bike though! PeAcE

Old 09-11-2001, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Before i sold my lakota a few months back, i sent my cam to web cam and they reworked it for me. With the pipe, jet kit , air filter, racks removed, alum. rims etc. it would do a honest 60 mph. I think mickey dunlop has a manual clutch conversion for it. I check with him once on a bigger,high comp piston, he claimed 30 hp. That would be enough to run on most tracks. I read on the tech connection board to go one tooth up on the front sprocket since the lakota is a slow revver, might give it a try. Go to the track and BRING THE THROPY HOME. good luck.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Are you serious about the 30hp thing? How big of a bore were you going with? I dont think that a lakota without a big bore would be even close to 30hp, I could be wrong, but thats as much as a stock 250r, and more than a stock 400ex, hell its nearly as much as a stock raptor!

Old 09-11-2001, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

rhinno99, i am sorry for getting mad but i hate it when people think the lakota is not a good quad. I do agree the lakota is not a good mx racer like the 250r. In my opinion the 250r is the best built quad for racing. Like highflyinlakota said, we don't race big mx tracks, we only race fairs and little tracks. My lakota can go against 300ex it is only 1 mph slower. So if it is that close than it will depend on the rider. I am just going to go out there and see if i can win. Thanx for saying for clearing that up that the lakota is a good quad. Thanx stebob for the info on how to upgrade our lakota's. I am going to race it in gncc and harescrambles. and hopefully i can win. I will probably break shocks and that but hey i comes when you race. I will sell my pipe bigbad400. Stebob, do you think i will gain any power if i put a clutch kit on it? i am not redd888 anymore i am bluelakota.

'01 lakota
DG pipe (for sale)
baja skidplate

I hope we all came to an understanding. Thanx

Quick Reply: lakota racing