Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my LAKOTA review......for what its worth

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the spacers Gaff. Far more economical and if they aren't wide enough then get off set wheels too. I think Douglas or ITP alum. will help the Lakota too. I'm sure the rims are lighter than the stockers. I don't know if you have discovered yet but the stockers are butter soft.

Old 09-27-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well stebob
I new the majaves were soft but I didn't know about the lakotas yet.
My son drove the lakota off into a eight foot deep ditch last night and i noticed a little ding in the front wheel so i guess I'm starting to see.
I looked up rocky mountain a little while ago and any mods I need thier out of.
do you call them or do they restalk on a order bases.
I seen some tires they had, thier a dirt tire that look real nice, they're the same dementions as the stalk.
I know the tires and rims are coming but I've chose to make them my last mod.

Old 09-27-2001, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

HEY YA'LL!! I found something pretty cool. Go to the bottom of the page and click on ATV Conn Mag. In the seach window put Lakota. They have been doing Lakota mods. and upgrades. Check it out they put a IDS2 pipe, rejetted (very interesting about the jets, I need a 136 baby), and made some changes to shifter, brake, and handle bars. Pretty cool check it out!

Gaff,
Call them and talk to them. They may have an ETA on when the parts you need will be in. In any case I would go ahead and order through them and get them when you can. Rocky is great to deal with and I don't think you can find it cheaper.

Old 09-27-2001, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!!!!!!
I love it
This is all WE'VE been looking for.
I'm on the phone nowthis is awsome.
Ya know while talking to my brother this morning (01 worrier) I was telling him about this forum, so he started a little lakota bashing, don't worry guys I have five inches and fourty pounds on him.
well any way during his bashing I was telling him that if lakotas weren't worth it why are they talked about more than any other in the forum.
Then both of us agreed on how after market and manufacturers could not ignore our needs no more.
And low and behold stebob comes up with the discovery of a life time.
Hell I got to go ride!!!!!

Old 09-27-2001, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Gaff,
How bad does the Warrior beat you? I bet he is surprised in the woods when he can't shake you ain't he.

Old 09-27-2001, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

My brother lives in ohio, about 1200 miles from me.
I have been in the woods on some very good and challenging trails and I spend most of my time on the brakes trying not to run into the back of any bikes.
I know I have about thirty years on motorcycles and this is my first quad but I find all bikes to be quite fast in the short straights, but I have not seen any that I can't pass and just leave them were they are to include the worrier.
I had to let the kids enjoy the bike for a couple of weeks before I actualy got to ride it and the day I did I went to a place called the spill way in new orleans were I met two guys with a 250ex and a 300ex.
We road on a short moto track were I couldn't even ring out third and while I was on that track I still had to ride the brakes to stay off of them.
I know on the short side I had the bike they were exstreamly impressed untill we went back to the truck for some water and it was obvious thier third gears were faster than my fith.
I like the lakota for its power and short wheel base because if I want to do seventy I'll do it in my truck, but on the same note I want to get to fifty quicker than anyone.
The lakota is a graet bike better than any I've ridden.
I've ridden the warrior and it does pull better than the lakota, only because you can ring out gears longer.
So that has been my objective is to be able to ring out the lakotas gears.
The worrier does't handle as well as the lakota but it may be liter because it feels alot liter.
As far as my brother goes he has a 250r drag bike with a 410 banchee killer big bore kit and any time I mention how I use to toy with him in our lives he always starts well I'll take you on the 250r.
JERK

Old 09-27-2001, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

GAF,
I am also looking for the same aftermarket parts as you. i also noticed that Rocky Mountain ATV is out of stock on almost everything I am interested in for my Lakota Sport. I then checked Dennis Kirk and they have the same parts in stock at basically the same prices. The web address is:
www.denniskirk.com
Search the database using a kawasaki 300 Lakota Sport 2001 and a Kawasaki 300 Lakota 2001. For some reasons, some of the parts are listed under lakota only, others Lakota Sport.
Lakota300CR

Old 09-27-2001, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

I had looked at dennis kirk several times but only lakota sport. All they had was a dg pipe and I wanted more options.
I called my local accessory dealer and gave them my list of goodies and see what they can come up with. They realy surprise me, even thuogh I have the money I always shop around just like all of us and believe it or not this local little shop has always come up with the best deals.
Thier not going to get back to me untill tomorrow and when they do I'll post the prices they quote me.
The only thing I don't have an idea on is the tires, I can't find them any were.

Old 09-27-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

300cr
I just looked up dennis kirk, and lets wait until tomorrow.
They show the super trapp pipe about 235.00 for the race and 245.00 for the quiet series.
They also show the K&N power up kit for 118.00
I,ll let you know what I found out.
I asked them for the tires, the power up kit, and the sprocket.
I think it was stebob told me that rocky montain had the pipe for 199.00

Old 09-27-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Gaff,
Did you ever drag race the 250ex? Did you beat him? How bad either way? I noticed you stated the 250ex is faster in 3rd than your 5th gear. The 250ex is rated with a lower top speed than the Lakota. I have not had the opportunity to race a 250ex, but I plan to, a 300ex for that matter too.

Quick Reply: my LAKOTA review......for what its worth