Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

OH STEBOB, the mean machine!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know your tired, I know your back at work, but WHATS UP!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2001, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Ah yes, the beast was unleashed!! The boy was just sure that he was getting a 4 wheeler for Christmas, since he asked Santa anyway. Well after all the gifts were given and un wrapped, he didn't get one. He did get the helmet and gloves. He didn't put the 2 together. So, he was disappointed, not even messing with any of his new toys and what not. Well, got the stockings down and Santa happened to leave a note, telling him there was something special that he wanted and to go outside. THERE IT WAS! Funny though, he didn't really react, just kinda walked over to it and sat on it. We all thought we would get a "OH BOY!" or something. Nothing. Fired it up and he rode around the yard for about 5 min, then came back and wanted to go back inside. I couldn't believe it. So after being inside about 10 min I got his helmet in my hand and looked at him. He shook his head no. So after some more prodding he finally decided to go ride. Well that was it, we're hooked now. I let him ride about 15 min, it was just over 20 degrees, cold as a witches...well you know. We had to go in a have dinner. After that got out my father in laws big bear and rode around with him for quite some time. He about lost it and hit a truck. He got a little close to the edge of the road and the wheels caught a rut and threw him to the left into a rock drive way. I was yelling brakes, he turned and locked up the rear tires. Whew! we came out good on that one. He finally admitted that he is a little scared of it. I told him that's normal and that we'll practice and learn how to ride. He is all fired up now. It is a cool little machine. I took pictures. I will have my wife get them developed on cd so I can send you pictures. He has a nicer helmet than I do now. Went really good, just didn't get the exitement and emotion from him that I expected, but now that is all we are hearing about. He's hooked.

Old 12-26-2001, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

im glad your boy didnt hit that truck. how old is he? and yeah i got a helmet and gloves but no quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but hey i love my parents for even letting me get into riding and loaning me enough money to by my quad. *be appreciative of your parents*

Old 12-26-2001, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

My boy is 7. I too am very glad he didn't hit that truck. It showed me that his reflexes are good. How old are you Nemisis?

Old 12-26-2001, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

He's intimidated, so they all are.
I try to teach the braek thing before the throttle thing, but they're never listening. It always takes a wreck or two before they listen.
I have a XR-100 I de-tuned and teach kids how to ride, I'm selling it now and a guy asked me how many times has it been layed down, I said I don't know 12 years maybe a thousand times, never hierd from him again. What does he think his kid will jump on it and be a pro.
Well this is graet stebob, the kids will actualy get you to ride more and with less resistence from the mrs.
I can't tell you how much more fun it is with your kids to ride with.
We will all be looking forward to all the funny stuff thats about to happen to you and him.
Hay a little advice, for some reason kids like to come by you, but they like to come straight at you and turn away, I've been run over, bike hit, lost a couple tailgates, maybe this would be a first good lesson for him.
He'll never forget yesterday no matter how much excitement he may have shown!!!!

Old 12-26-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, Gaff I can see there are many great times ahead. I also now see there are going to be many hair raising, heart skipping moments ahead too. This is the part that has me scared. He got a little upset when he finally got the quad stopped. He kept saying I didn't do that, I didn't want to go this way. It scared the crap out of him I'm sure. I told him we'll learn how to steer it and not let it steer us and that it will just take practice. He kept on going though. This is going to be a learning process not only for he, but me as well.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

im 15 and i ride a 88 tecate 4 with a 300 cc big bore kit with fmf fatty pipe and silencer and a few otehr goodies.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

ooooohhhh...sounds like a mean machine!!! been up against any Raptors or anything?

Old 12-26-2001, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Don't worry, I start them all out in a huge field that has one small jump.
It takes about two hours to get them comfort zone working and then they play on the jump a little.
I bring them to a place like the attica one you have and get them to get use to the uneven terrain, it's easy just give him plenty of room.
Unfortunately it's cold your way and it will take some time, maybe the snow will make it easier. well any way have fun and just let him go and grow.
Another little hint, don't let him ride around moma to much, they seem to get a little tense easier.

A tacate with a 300 kit huh, boy I would like one of those.
Although I think the four stroke is much better in the woods I would love to have a two stroke race bike.
How hard is it to get parts still, I was looking at some diagrams from kawi and they still carry a lot of parts #.
Man I would love to have one just to spank my brothers 250R one time, oh just one time!

Old 12-26-2001, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

What model did the young one get from santa?

Quick Reply: OH STEBOB, the mean machine!!!!!!