Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

gaff...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nthewnd,

After talking with you last fall about how they class the lakota and the fact that the lakota is now classed as a sport but is realy unchanged from the previous models. Well the poeple at the gncc emailed me and said it will be in a sport class, but they did not have it clear at the time of the email.
at atv scene's web site they have an article about pro production classes, and at the bottom tells of the new class and spacificly names the lakota as one of the quads the class is designed for.
To say the least it excites me even morer to see the national events now braeking up into classes for quads.
I believe that classes will be broken up more and more in the next few years to get production machines out on the track so the factories will get more involved. I also believe that the new classes are just a subtle way of phasing out the two strokes as well.
Are you still going to loretta lynns this year, I believe thier is a few of us going

Old 02-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

Gaff: I'll check it out. I looked at the GNCC site, they did not show a changes in the classes. I do plan on going to Loretta Lynns. See you there?

Old 02-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

nthewnd,

After I posted the last post I did see it on the GNCC site, actualy it was the same news release.
It is at the bottom of the pro production class press release, it says it will be a B class for the blaster, 250ex, 300ex, warrior, lakota and mojave, I may of missed one thier but thats pretty close.

Yah I'm getting excited, I was scared I wouldn't have every thing I needed but what the heck we have all season.
I'm heading to fordsville Kentucky for a race at the end of march, and what I find I need after that one I'll just get that next.
The thing I need the most is long johns, just not use to that cold, I believe that will be the biggest and best investmint at this time!!!!!

Old 02-16-2002, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

Gaff: I found it on the ATV scene. That new class makes a lot of sense. All the machines listed for the class are somewhat equal. I am considering buying a new 650 Kawasaki. I am undecided rather to keep my Lakota. I like it a lot, but there are times I wish for 4 wheel drive. If you race at Loretta Lynns have good tires (I use 6 ply ITP'S) and full skid plates, the rocks are killer's!!

Old 02-16-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have PRM skids on the way, I'm not sure wether I will recieve a set of tires before my march race, but deffinately for the lorreta lynns race.
The new class is like a breth of fresh air to me, I was so hoping it would come, and just real glad it did.
I love the new 650, it will give you what you want, but the size difference may make me uncomfortable at first, but it's a nice quad. I'm holding on to the lakota for atleast another year untill I see everything coming out, and even then I will just keep her in the family. For the price, I just can't see getting rid of it, not to mention it fits me very well.
Well I'll be there, and will be looking for you all.
Come april we have to start a thread and see who all is coming!!!

Old 02-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

Gaff: I think you will love the PRM skid plates, that is what I have. You will have to have a kill switch also. I do think keeping the Lakota makes the best sense. Have you replaced the front shocks? I think 98 Lakota replaced his with a pair from Works. I have not and do not plan on any engine mods. To me the thing goes fast enough for me! Where I would like to see inprovements on my machine is the HANDLING. I bought a steering damper, but nobody could figure out how to mount the thing!

Old 02-17-2002, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

I'm excited about the new skids coming, I sure hope they are nice, but when I started a thread about skids, it was easy to pick the PRM's.
I'm heading up to fordsville, Ky march 24th and 98 lakota will be there, I'm going to take a real good look at the front shocks, although all the money I have spent so far, I realy need to get to the XC races and see what I realy need so I can spend my money not only wisely but in a order of nassecity.
I did get a 322 bore kit, will have it done next week, probably should have waited so I could get other things done, but you know how it goes.
I haven't forgot about the kill switch, looks like I'll get it after the Kentucky race. I'm going to get a dampner whaen I have the money, and if I have to weld it in place I will, I have one off a drag bike, a little long, but I found a place by the A-arm were I could mont it to a tye rod, but we will see.
All in all, I was using the Kentucky race to get my act together for this coming season, and can't wait to get out there.

Old 02-19-2002, 01:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Gaff/ stebob- trininty called me today to verify order. I ended up with the basic 686 kit plug, pro-porting 12-1 comp (will be less installed because of some head mods? lafger 2mm center valve, all around cam. and all the pieces to put back together. 63 to 65 hp. the numbers dropped a bit with this combo. It is better to ride than wrench.

Gaff- put that thing together- i want to know. I was about to do that, then got a raptor. I would have done that if mickey was not so busy. Wish i had and bought the raptor. Need to buy jr. new quad.

What a when Lorreta lynn's?

Old 02-19-2002, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

I feel alot better hiering you go with a good strong package but based on all around performance. I have to admit when you posted 70 HP I scringed, being from a racing back ground, I know what comes next. My wife even made the comment to me when we decided to build the bikes this year, she said, please don't make these bikes so we have to push them to the line, start them, race, then shut them down and work on them for a month.
We read these forums and get hopped up, but face it, when we get off here and turn around, bam reality, wife, kids, future, dreams, you all know what I mean.
Because of mardi gras I postponed doing the lakota, I even had to send the boys jug to minnisota to get bored out due to the fact every thing shuts down here during carnival season. I'm going to ride it thurday and friday, then take her down over the weekend and at the same time put the boys back together. I'm going to put it together with every thing but the cam. I talked with mickey and he had already started the cam, but due to mine and his schedule I haven't crossed paths with him to pay him yet, but I can imagine he has his hands full. He told me his cam did not require valve springs, so when we catch up with each other and I get the cam, it will be a simple swop of cams.

As far as loretta lynns, thats april 20/21st, I was hoping to get a thread going by april 1st. So far inthewnd, and 98lakota have posted they will be there. Now 14 myself and stebob are hoping to meet them there, so we need to orginize a little come the 1st of april.
I am heading to the fordsville Kentucky race on the 24th of march, and I will meet up with 98lakota there, hope fully I can shed some light on whats what when I get back. I don't plan on stopping at loretta lynns, but 98's series runs pretty close to the GNCC and maybe I can get some type of scoop to see what we will need.
I'm looking for a kill switch (GNCC required) and steering stabalizer, but I'm real bizzy so if any one finds one let me know.

Old 02-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

hay,
Got a bit of good news, PRM-ATV has picked me up for a little racer sapport, got the skids on the way, but they e-mailed and told me they gave me a nice discont.
Goes to show ya, things can get a little better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]