Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

where are the Tecate 4 riders??????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping to share ideas and thoughts on the KXF w/fellow riders but see no threads about them. I know a few guys thru Tecate Connection but was hoping to find more here. Nothin but Mojaves, Prairies and Lakotas! Answer me (true) Mean Greeners if you're there!

Old 03-27-2002, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude we are here... we had a string of post last week. Anyways what did you wanna discuss. I love my tecate4 It 0wnz!

Old 03-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

I'm here, just been busy doing a ground up restoration on the T4.

Old 03-28-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

'sup, guys? Nice to hear from you. Yeah, mine's in the shop getting an overhaul and as it turns, we found some hidden problems., The damn powervalve was stuck shut (which would partly explain the excessive smoking!) and was keeping it from running full power...which is scary 'cuz it was edging out my R as it is! I'm getting it back tomorrow. I think it was running too rich anyway. I was running 32:1 w/klotz synthetic, 142 main jet and I think the needle clip position and pilot are stock but not sure. Besides that, it's got an FMF pipe/silencer, UNI filter, wiseco piston/rings (bored out 80 or .8cc) and I just put VForce Reeds in it. I'm leaning out to 40:1 w/klotz and the mechanic will jeet it from there.

What do you guys have in terms of upgrades and how are yours jetted? Do you guys race? I don't. I still have the stock Keihin PWK 35mm (1988 model). Anything you guys did that I haven't that works well?? I'm putting the 14/46 sprocket tooth kit in soon from Sprock Racing. Do you guys use him for stuff? This sprocket set is supposed increase power a lot, especially in the low to mid range.

I'm up. let me know!

Old 03-28-2002, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

No I dont race. When I first got this green monster it needed a new top end. Fixed that and added some Boysen reeds and FMF Goldseries exaust and silencer, some new holeshot tires. That is all I did and it runs great. It is way faster than my LT250. I haven't pursed any other modifications yet. I have The 88 model too. The one with the Kipps on it. I also run the klotz Benoil. it runs great 32:1, It still has the stock carbs and jetting. needle is still stock. We did have a problem with the flywheel coming off. The nut backed all the way off and the magnets on the flywheel knocked the stator all the way forward and retarded the timing really bad. It was weak as a wet noodle. We bought a key way and put the timing back to the center of the stator (which is stock) and it runs great.

Old 03-29-2002, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

here i am the tecate ruler!!!for all you fellow tecate 4 riders and owners i would like to invite to take a peek at my t-4.and give me some feedback on it and tell me what you think of it.it's not quite finished yet.but it will be next week.heres a link to my tecate 4 pics

Old 03-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

i've seen it in real life...the pics don't do it justice. its very pretty.

Old 03-29-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

it's not pretty ,it's beautiful,a masterpiece!!!!LOL

Old 03-30-2002, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

Looks cool. I'll have to post some picts of my T4 project. I have taken picts of the stages on my restore, just haven't go them on the web yet.

Old 03-31-2002, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Do any of you use a Roost Boost? I was reading an old mag of mine from 88 w/ an article on cheap Tecate upgrades and a roost boost, they said, gave a dramatic improvement over the whole powerband...especially the low-end. Are they safe? The way they work, it sounds harmful over prolonged use...like it'll burn the piston or something. Any thoughts on that?

I am getting that 14/46 sprocket kit from Sprock Racing. He says it's a great power booster and gives a lot oftorque and power down low without losing top end...I find that a bit hard to believe....Killerkx, what's your take on that. I know you have one...this John from PA w/ the KXF and that 250R that you LOVE so much! hahahaha

Quick Reply: where are the Tecate 4 riders??????????