Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Pismo Beach

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some help. Just moved to California from Utah. Want to start riding here in southern cal but not sure were to go. Also I have heard allot about Pismo Dunes and was wondering if anybody could help out with some information about them or if you know of a web site that talks about them.

Thanks for your help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2002, 08:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I grew up close to pismo and it is a great place ride. But i wouldn't reccomend going on a summer weekend. There is way to many people. There alot of blind spots on the dunes and seen to many guys run in to each other. If you can go during the week. You can camp on the beach its nice because you can drive your truck to where ever you want to camp and unload the bikes and ride all day. But the rangers are very strict they treat driving on the beach and drinking the same as a DUI! I seen alot of people get arrested and hauled off for drinking and driving there trucks on the beach. Getting there is easy just map pismo beach or grover beach (same town they changed the name a few years back.) Once your there follow the singns accross the railroad tracks and your at the gate. They will check your bike on the way in for all the sticker stuff.
Well hope that helps

2002 lakota sport
2003 bayou 250

Old 06-12-2002, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. New job keeps me busy, but I'm looking forward to start riding again.