Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Goodyear Mudrunner Air Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious what anyone with Goodyear Mudrunners are running for air pressure. I've ridden a little with 5.5 psi in each tire and seems to be TOO stiff and makes for a bumpy ride at speed (20+ mph). Anyone running anything different or have any additional recommendations?

I also notices too that I get some wandering and a little handlebar shake at speeds above 30-35 mph. Even though it's in the service manual, I don't completely understand the TOE-IN or OUT adjustment. I also have some dents/dings in the front rims and feel that a balance might be required but I don't see myself balancing these tires. I might adjust the toe if I can figure out how to do it.

As far as performance, these tires hook up REAL well in the mud. They do OK in hardpack (from a wheelie standpoint, don't get enough traction on gravel to lift front end)...but they shine in the sloppy stuff. I was some goop about 12" deep this past weekend (mud w/ water). I stopped in the middle in 2wd, held the front brake tight and gave her gas. The rears pushed the front tires without ANY slippage in the mud. I love these things....

Old 06-13-2002, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 26" mudrunners on the front. I keep them around 4.5psi. They seem to ride really smooth for me.

They shook my handle bar at high speeds. I balanced the front tires using a bubble balancer and now it is fine. My tire store can't balance my ATV tires. So I got a cheao balancer from northern tool. Works good enough for the ATV. Tried it on the truck, and it is not that accurate.

If uneven terrain at high speeds causes handlebar jerk and/or wandering, the toe is too far out. If it is overcorrecting, it is too far in (pigeon toe). Set it for 0.

You can see how I measured my toe here.

You basically are trying to measure the difference between the front of the front tires and the back of the front tires. The way I did it gives me the exact same difference. Most people measure carefully at a point on the tread instead of trying to get a straight edge.

I also have 28" Mudzillas. I can go full speed on uneven gravel or dirt (assuming it is not too bumpy) and it handles awesome. No shake, no wander.