Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Snorkle Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bearman thankyou, yes the snorkle arrived today unfortuneatly I haven't had the chance to install. Nice workmanship, all steel and it looks like the paint just dryed before shipping. It only took a week to cross the border and make home to Northern Alberta, excellent, I thought I would have to give my first born to acheive this goal. Man is that opening big can't wait to have it working. I made a makeshift dyno as the one at the dealer is far away and at $50 bucks a pop it can get a little expensive. I have had my carb apart 25 times this last 2 weeks trying out jets from everyone and I beleive I have the right setup for me anyway.

I am going to compile all my results hopefully this weekend and post them with all luck this comming week. Some surprises for sure and some interesting findings that now one has discovered or at least posted. Keep you all informed. Again Bearman nice work on the snorkle!

Old 07-09-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Alltoys
Thank you for the compliments, we spent a lot of time making sure the snorkel was the best possible. I had problems as well as many others getting the jetting perfect, with the Dynojet kit it had a stumble right off idle and the plugs were a little to dark. If I leaned it out compared to what Dynojet recommended it would stumble worse and the plugs were white. Once we developed the snorkel, with the dynojet kit installed as they recommend the stumble was completely gone and the plugs were a nice even tan at sea level. The best part was much better throttle response and more power. Please let me know your findings on what jets workrd best for you.
Bearman

Old 07-10-2002, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

Bearman, I haven't gotten my snorkle yet, but I'm sure it is on the way. No real hurry, as it will be a few weeks until I can get the machine running again after rolling it on Saturday. I ordered the snorkle with the intention of using it, and a twin-air filter to lean out my machine for using it at altitude while elk hunting in Colorado this fall, without haveing to change my jets. I will run the stock stuff at my Minnesota altitude. (at least until I decide I need more power) Ha Ha. Any thoughts on if this will work?

Todd M

Old 07-10-2002, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I just came back from the vail/edwards area sunday I spent 4 days up there i have 2 650p's and one has a k and n filter and the other is stock the k and n filter did help but both bikes ran pretty well. I think the 660 grizz did the best of all the bikes and it has a k and n filter also. i think the p650's are running a little rich even at home at about 1000 to 2000 feet. the stock 650 died every once in a wile at 9000 + feet when at idle but realy I wouldn't worry to much about rejetting, after last week I had realy no trouble with any of the bikes. we had 4 bikes and 3 brands and they all did much better than expected.

ps. my snorkel was at the house waiting for me when I got back so I missed it by a day getting to try it out at high altitude.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

1Bearman good to here from you.

I went with the Kawi jets I did try any and all combos with the dyno jets and the performance was not up to snuff as compared even with stock. I just received your snorkle a few days ago but haven't had a chance to try it as I am packing to move to a new house and shop. I also just received the new twin air filter from Mike and I am going to install the new items as soon as I get situated. My dyno is packed up for now and I'm itching to get at it, the green machine is scratching at the door wanting to get out and play. Pretty hard to hold the green machine back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!!! Although I will try 142f and 145r then 145f and 148r later to see how it works. Say on your dyno did you notice the difference in timing of the motor from 5000rpm to 6000rpm. I found it to be quite substantial as I think we discussed on the phone a week ago. Again the workmanship on the snorkle is quite good and it is made of steel all the better, at least it will keep its shape and hold it. Say as soon as you get the CDI box please let me now and put me on your first to mail list. Talk to you again.

Old 07-10-2002, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Chiedtam
The snorkel and twin air filter will lean it out some but a K&N will lean it out even more. You really should at least change your main jets for high altitudes, consult the factory repair manual for there recomendations. We have been overwhelmed with orders but have doubled our next production run and will catch up on deliveries a.s.a.p. thanks for your patience. cc1999, I am sorry you didn't recieve the snorkel in time for your ride but the wait will be worth it. Alltoys, That is the rpm range targeted by Kawasaki to slow this beast down, our c.d.i box will fix that problem as soon as it is finished. We will be making 300 boxes the first run so you are on the list.
Bearman

Old 07-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hey put me on the list to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Monteess
You are on the list for the c.d.i box when it becomes available.
Thank you
Bearman

Old 07-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

1Bearman thanks!

Old 07-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

1Bearman, I want on that list. I have CDI money in my pocket just itchin to be spent.

Quick Reply: Snorkle Arrived Today