Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

~MOJAVE2000~

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to know,hoiw u make your frint fenders look so stright!! Like there not sloped down like almost EVREY mojave i have ever seen!I really like the look of your mojave and would like to make mine look like that!

Old 08-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Do you mean me? (2000Mojave) LOL! If not sorry. I do notice a lot of Mojave and Lakota front fenders sloping down towards the front(especially the right one). I physically bent my front fender supports a little bit to raise the front end up, but mine were never sloped as bad as some that I have seen on dealer floors. I think it is just a charachteristic of the way they ship them and/or pack them in the crate that causes this. I am not sure, maybe somebody that works at a dealer can enlighten us? Again, if this post wasn't directed at me, i'm sorry, but at least I can relate with what you are talking about. LOL! Happy trails.

Old 08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I just finished cutting the front fenders on my Mojave, it's a world differnece, no sagging looks great, I didn't want the race look because it has no pertection from mud, rocks etc. I cut it back far back so that it was past that saging point, I wan't trying for any looks, but it really looks like a Blaster now.

Old 08-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Yes i ment 2000MOJAVE!! And i dont know if looking like a blaster is such a good thing!! LOL

Old 08-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bent my brackets to make the fenders straight after I installed 22x8x10 Fast Trekkers on the front. These tires were a lot larger than the stock Dunlops and rubbed at the very front outside corners. I also learned (the hard way )[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] that anytime you roll your Mo' in the snow your front fenders become even more droopy.

I used a little league baseball bat to bend my fender brackets. This bat was shorter than a normal bat and just the right height to fit beween the garage floor and the bottom of the fender bracket where the mounting bolt sticks out. You then roll the machine forward by hand and it raises up onto the bat. Then you press down on the front bumper nad tweak the bracket up. It usually takes a couple trys to get both fenders looking even but it does look a lot better.

Old 08-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Cool!! thanks guys!