Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Atv Snotraxx Conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up:

I was wondering if anyone had a snotraxx kit on there quad. Any kind of quad. I wanted to see some pics of the kit, if anyone has some, and also know how you installed it. Does the the back traxx bolt on just like a rim would, and also how do the ski's bolt on in the front. I looked at the snotraxx website but they are updating it right now so there isn't much on their site. If anyone has pics or info on these kits please let me know, and also let me know how it felt to ride it. Is it just like the quad when the wheels are on, and do you lose much power when riding because your in snow.

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-25-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Check out this Thread: snow trax conversion kit and 650s The snow conversion kits I seen has to replace the rear axle with a special axle, and also no skis up front... 4 traks are better than 2. When the wheels are on it would be the same. The power should be there after all it is a 650Twin. I heard people pulling away from some skidoos with this.

Old 08-25-2002, 03:18 AM
Range Rover

Whats up:

Hey thanks for the info, but the snotraxx conversion I'm talking about has skis. There is a company called snotraxx that makes them for rear wheels drive quads. Sorry I should have put a little more info in. It wouldn't work good with four tracks if only the rear was pushing. But with four wheel drive it would work great.

See what I'm trying to find out is if you bolt the tracks up to the hubs just like you do with rims. If they bolt up like that then I can get some 4-110 hubs, and buy a 400ex kit, because Snotraxx doesn't make them for a Mojave. And then for the front I would just have to figure out a way to mount the skis. Hey sorry about the mishap, but thanks for the info.

If anyone else has the Snotraxx conversion with the skis let me know how they mount up.

Thanks