Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-Twin Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wont deal with Conklin cycle for reasons I wont go into on a public forum..Iron bear..as for my likes and dislikes I'll have to say that about the only thing I'm not too fond of is the ground clearance.its good but could be better..it'll high center in heavy mud once you've gone thru it afew times and made ruts..(Doh!)..and the Tranny is kinda loud...other than that its a world class a$$ kicker..it jumps,muds..deep water..you name it..and did I mention that it absolutly flies when you punch it..off the line I've beaten the 400EX up to about 75 yards..after that he goes on by me..cant say as I'd change much if anything on it tho...I'll say that Ive had water completly over the front end and airbox and was able to pull right through the creek with out so much as a hiccup from the motor..no water ingestion at all(even I was surprised).....As for the riding areas in NY..we a seriously Anti Atv and about some of the best riding is a ways from you..Browns Corners near lowville and boonville..they have Thousands of acres to ride there..
usually dealers will try to scalp for "setup"or "prep" which is grabage cause all they have to do is charge the battery and put gas and oil in it..they come fully assembled. Cueball you must be a local you got a better price than i if conklin gives it to ya for that price..Ithaca rec has em for 6399.

Old 08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Banned

Metallikev,

Thanks again for your quick response. This is good information that your giving me. I'm willing to make a long trip this fall to go riding. I would make a weekend out of it.

I plan on purchasing my machine when I come home from my honeymoon. My finace` also rides. She owns a Kawasaki Bayou 220 which she really likes. I plan on doing a lot of riding this fall and I'm looking to meet new people.

Thank again,

IronBear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2002, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

the other thing I might add is that the Tugg hill area is technically part of the Adirondack Mts..It gets DAMN cold up there really early.by mid october its gonna be fridged. Thats cool your wife(soon) rides..my wife never rode a machine in her life till she got together with me..she loves that little timberwolf now..

Old 08-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Banned

Hi Metallikev,

Just to let you know, I just spoke to Rich at Troy City. He was very nice. I explained to him my situation, about purchasing the machine at the end of October. He said to mail him a deposit to hold the ATV. I will do this tonight.

He also explained to me that I don't have to pay sales tax because I'm from Connecticut. That would be a big help for me.

I would like to thank you again for telling me about this place.

P.S. Where do you ride in the months of November and December?

Thanks

IronBear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

kuwl..glad ya got what your looking for..I ride mostly around here in the winter. My buddy has access to a few thousand acres of private land acroos town a few miles..did you look at the Kawi promotion..no interest no downpayment and no payment till april..you could pick it up noew and not have to make apayment till you get your $ in october.

Old 08-31-2002, 12:25 AM
Banned

Metallikev,

I would purchase the machine now, it's just that I have to much going on right now. I just bought a house, finalizing the wedding plans and bought another car, all in the same year. If I went ahead and purchased this now, my fiance` would kill me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She did agree, once we came home from our honeymoon, the next week, I can make the trip and purchase it.

I was thinking about financing it, I have all the money in the bank, but the 0% financing and 0 payments sounds like an attractive deal. So, I may do that.

IronBear

Old 09-01-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

ironbear, let me know how your experience with troy city goes. I'm looking to purchase the kawi p650 soon. that price sounds too good to be true. the best price i could find around here was 6,999 b4 taxes. thanx

Old 09-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Jw..where is slate hill in NY...Ithaca Recreation Sports sells the 03 for 6399 if they know I was the one that referred you there..

Old 09-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

hey metal,
slate hill is right near middletown which is in orange county about one and a half hours north of manhattan. thanks for the tip about ithaca but that is a little too far for me. besides, troycity from what i hear is getting $6,299 plus tax etc... i might buy from them if it pans out ok

Old 09-02-2002, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

cool..I know where middletown is ..used to go thru there all the time when my cousins lived in Yorktown..Albany is definetly closer to you..

Quick Reply: 2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-Twin Prices