Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NYROC is due many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NYROC-- was that syncro tool for the carbs called a Uni-Syn, perhaps? I have one of those from my days of working on multi carb cars. I used to listen to the intake hiss thru a piece of 1/4" fuel hose to sync some of the carbs I used to beat on. May sound crazy, but it worked. Pretty hi-tech, huh?????????? I suppose a manometer(sp?) or 2 vacuum guages would work, too.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

www.carbtune.com

This the unit that is the best it is from England works very well can go as high as 4 carbs check it out.

Old 09-26-2002, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

alltoys, you need to get some pics of this nitrous stuff on your 650.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

KISSOFDEATH Yes I will get pictures my bike with the nitrous I took it off the other day as I burned the rubber bead seals on the tires that attach to the rims. A heck of a mess have you ever tried to cut off burned rubber to aluminum nasty stuff. I took it off because I have to run a tach and when the motor hits 5000rpm the timeing starts to decrease dramatically, by 5500rpm it is at 17 degrees BTD. At 5800rpm that is where my bike maxs out mayber another coupe of hundred although rare and it peeks with the timeing at 10-12degrees BTD. Goes down instead of up. With the nitrous the timeing drops so drastically it will pressure up the cylinders and eventually blow. So unfortuneately I can only run it up to 5000 and then shut off the nitrous. Makes for a quick start with a dismall finish. I was going to waite untill Bearman comes out with the CDI and then do up some pictures. I can do a video of the bike doing a ruster tail on gravel only I don't get to far before I have to shut it down. If I do the video maybe Nyroc can post it on his web. I was going to send pics of my Toy shop when I get it together from moveing. I will have pictures soon I hope maybe I can send them to Master Nyroc and he might post them. It's fun just better be holding on when it kicks in. Have fun.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

<< Any computer geeks here with a system faster than 2.3GHZ? >>

Not yet. I am still happy running my dual 1.4ghz until Tyan decides if they are going to release a bios upgrade for my mobo (to allow over the MP 1900+ cpu's).

Don't you have enough room and bandwidth to host your ATV stuff on RR's server (ie. your home page)? Maybe not. I would expect you to have hosting connections with what you do though too. I've heard good things about http://www.3-95.com/ if you ever consider a separate host for cheap. I am a bandwidth hog, so I would not want crosslinking and hammering slowing me down.

It looks like the &quot;help me&quot; posts are taking off and they have your name on them now.... heh. ;-)

Old 09-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have enuff room on my RR area to do much of anything. My webserver is an AMD 1600 XP, which I am really happy with. The processor utilization is always near zero. It is 100% stable. I was very disatisfied with all the motherboards I had with VIA chipsets, but I got rid of them. Now I have two intel powered things and one AMD.

Unless something I do starts to pay, I won't pay for webhosting.

I hope that eventually technology and competition will bring more bandwith to my home.

Some people think I am the 650 high priest, or the ATV Oracle. I sometimes get more credit than I deserve. I sortof quickly scan posts for new wisdom. I just compile everything I find into a little snippit on my website so that people don't have to ask and re-ask the same things over and over.

Old 09-27-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

<< I was very disatisfied with all the motherboards I had with VIA chipsets, but I got rid of them. >>

Same here. I will be very reluctant to try VIA again. Overall, AMD prices have kept me away from Intel, except for my laptop. My Tyan dually uses AMD chipsets and has been very nice to me. It crunches video like mad. Now, if only big SCSI hard drives weren't so freaking expensive.... I could use another one.

<< Unless something I do starts to pay, I won't pay for webhosting. >>

I don't blame you. No DSL out by you? Upload bandwidth is usually better on DSL as I am sure you know. None close enough here. What router are you using?

<< I hope that eventually technology and competition will bring more bandwith to my home. >>

No doubt. Hey, did you get that RR e-mail from the vice pres stating that &quot;the FCC changes in classification of cable internet was going to decrease our bill&quot;? That was supposed to happen in May!?!? I haven't seen a drop in rates.... Although, satellite broadband makes my rate look damn cheap. Ouch, they are nuts at $79.95.

<< Some people think I am the 650 high priest, or the ATV Oracle. I sometimes get more credit than I deserve. I sortof quickly scan posts for new wisdom. I just compile everything I find into a little snippit on my website so that people don't have to ask and re-ask the same things over and over. >>

It's good to be appreciated though.

Old 09-27-2002, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

well NYROC, if you are picking up it here &amp; there so be it. you have done most of this stuff to your quad, and you post it. you have a way to put it to us to understand(with pics i might ad). we all thrive off of each
other in one shape ,way, or form. you, just seem to have all of that put together in a nice package. whether you came up with it or not.. you give credit where it is due. i think its the thing that you take your own time to do it all, and post it on your website for the rest of us to use..... it gives us a choice... follow the manual or check out NYROC`S
website...

just a thought....

Old 09-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

NYROC,

After seeing your site, I have to agree...YOUDAMAN!

BTW, where or what the Hell is &quot;SALAMANCA&quot;?. I have never seen so many muddy machines and people together in one place before.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Old 09-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Salamanca is in NY state, about 2.5 hours southeast of rochester and sorta close to lake erie and the PA border. It is an indian reservation (but looks like small town NY). Look for Jamestown, NY and salamanca is just eastt along route 17.

They had another one scheduled for Sep28 (tomorrow). I was gonna go with a driving buddy, but it was cancelled due to parking permit problems. I guess it takes a lot of organization and/or permits to get 10,000 people into a little teeny place.

Salamanca was a riot. I helped many people get unstuck. I never got stuck once. I did have cooling problems when my coolant strainer melted, even though I did not overheat. It is still a mistery as to why it melted.

Quick Reply: NYROC is due many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!