Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

looking to buy a new atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy a new atv and am consedering a (P650) but I have some quastions about it for all you owners. first off does it have a good amount og torque, like the forman s? Is it stable enough to haul a large deer or elk up a STEEP hill? how does it do in the mud and does it seal good or do you have to change the oil after doing some heavy MUDING? I know the forman s is seald, no warter gets in it. also how hi is the air intake, wouldent want to dround it out. One more thing has any one ever had the belt to slip under a heave load or when in deep water? thanks for the info.

Old 10-01-2002, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

The 650 will do everything the Foreman S will do, only better and alot faster. It should comfortably handle water up to the top of the seat with no worries.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2002, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Tommy boy, the air intake is high. Look at the front of a 650 where the handlebar cowl is. There is an access panel 6 inches wide. The belt air inlet and the engine air inlet are at that height. No water gets in the motor unless you flood the air inlet. It is sealed tight. The front and rear axle breath at the height of the speedometer.

So, what novakaw said is right, the 650 will do everything better that a foreman. The low CG and log wheelbase of the 650 makes it a perfect choice for hills, since it has the best stability.

If you ever did get water in the 650 motor, it is about 5 times easier to flush it out than honda products. I have never had water in mine, but this is what everybody tells me.

The 650 has a ton of tire turning yank in low range, plus it can do 30-40 in low range anyway. I have pulled an 1100lb trailer with mine (that's the trailer's empty weight). An old loose belt might allow slipping. But a properly maintained 650 will outyank the best competitor.

If you ever get the belt wet, you just rev it in neutral to dry it off. If you are nervous and keep trying to go while it is still wet, the belt gets damaged, but it will still work after it is dry. So other that being stupid, the belt will NEVER let you down or leave you stranded.

The belt takes 10 minuts to change and it is trail changeable.

The 650 is a reliable machine, but it does require maintenance. Sometimes learning to do it yourself produces better results that taking it to the dealer.

Get the 650, but keep your eye on this forum, and we will keep you in the green (or whatever color mud is where you ride).

Old 10-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

WOW thanx alot nyroc and good riding.

Old 10-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

trx450

How does you forman stack up against you p650?