Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New ITP aluminum rims just came in: Stamped "Made in CHINA"!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ITP aluminum rims just came in: Stamped "Made in CHINA"!!!!

....Bummer...Just when I was trying to stay away from all the junk stuff thats comming from china (been to you local hardware store lately ?)...my sloted aluminum rims just came in..I was shocked to see the stamping "Made in CHINA" in the back...ART holeshot radial tires mounted on it are usa made .....buyers beaware ....![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

You're gonna love them tires!

Old 10-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

YoeSea, I'm thinking of getting the ATR's, tell me a little more about them. do they ride as good as the stock one's, I know they do everything else better, I've found some for $260.00 total with shipping.....

Old 10-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

Will those Holeshot ATRs fit the factory rims? Are they for trails, mud, etc.? What is the best buy that you have seen (and where?). I saw a brief article on them in an ATV magazine a few months ago, but that was before I purchased my p650, so I didn't pay much attention.

Old 10-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

I forgot to ask about size. Do you lose any GC? And again, can I put them on my factory rims?

Old 10-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

PCpacker and stakk, They fit on factory rims. you don't lose any ground clearance. They only sell two sizes, 25/8/12 and 25/10/12. they cost 70.00 dollars for the front and 75.00 for the back. 260.00 is a great price. they ride great, tons of traction, no push in corners, softer ride. The only question I had is mud. I haven't had them in any serious mud yet. I know they're better than the stock tires in mud. I do about 10 percent mud riding and 90 percent hardpack and rocky trails. I own a set of ITP 589's 27". They're great in the mud but I lost the sporty ride that the 650 is known for. I was not happy with these tires. With the ATR's the sport ride improved. I find these tires to be the perfect upgrade

Old 10-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

i was torn between the holeshots and maxxis alltraks for my trail tires on my prarie
(i currently run 27"blackwaters)
i phoned mike penland(i got the # off of nyroc's site)to get some inside info...
he said a guy he races with blew out sidewalls in 2 different tires on his first race with the holeshots...
im not bashing the holeshots...i run them on my wifes scrambler,my raptor and my cannibal...i love them
BUT...i took his advice and got the alltraks for the prarie...they are awesome

Old 10-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Pendland is sponserd by Maxis, I would question his word on this. I know he knows his stuff and know a lot more than I do but any rider that I paid better say my tires are the best or he will be looking for a new sponcer.

Mn turbo Paws please when you get them fully tested give us an update I am really interested in getting a pair.

Old 10-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

i dont disagree with you at all daimon
but we had a nice chat and he came across as real sincere...
a lot of the gncc utility guys run the same setup and its a huge step up from the stock rubber
price...51.99 fronts/54.99 rears...hard to beat...

Old 10-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Diamond...My friend already installed him on his 650 2003 Prairie...He said he could not believe the difference in handling...and it steers like it has "Power steering"...I'am balancing my wheel tonight and installing them...will let you knowI paid $650.00 for the ITP slotted aluminum rims (Made In CHINNA) and the ATR radial tires from my dealer...they also were mounted but not balanced.....later

Quick Reply: New ITP aluminum rims just came in: Stamped "Made in CHINA"!!!!