Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Icy muskeg

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Icy muskeg

Went on patrol today, +10c south of my place. The 6+ inches of snow has melted into ice. This is good and bad, good part is muskeg is now flooded and froze over .Nice and smooth, not like two weeks ago when after a hour you have to check to see if any body parts are falling off or sore . Bad part is Damn near did a flip on the ice. When you have a bad a$$ kawi , Well lets just say between the power and muffler mod. I have to give it a little too much throttle, lots of grass some places above ice , grass and moss gives good traction right , yeah but when she starts to wind-up , then well kiss my grits, she is going sideways towards those large clumps of moss. I had visions of hitting large clumps, sudden stop for quad wheels, instant launching of driver followed by quad. Usual amount of pain followed by bleading etc , you guys knew the story . Well luckey for me, grass slowed down quad enough to abort sudden inpact. Had pulled the flip the sled once followed by replace the broken parts trick.
Raymond

Old 12-02-2002, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Icy muskeg

Roscoe69

Ever think sleds are safer, you are determined to damage yourself on that mean machine maybe its time to adjust the throttle screw on the handlebar behind the throttle LMAO!!!! Pretty hard to enjoy your ride when you are looking through the window of the local E-Z Rest Inn.