Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

P650...cleaning rad??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P650...cleaning rad??

Ok...went through a pretty big mud hole the other day and got the front end pretty deep. Now whats the best way to get some of that mud out/off the rad? I've got a pressure washer, but i dont want to bend any of the fins....would the pressure washer be the best bet?? any other ideas?? would a regular hose do a good enough job?

Old 12-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Scotts88
i believe the best was to get rid of the mud etc, is to soak it . Remimber it bakes from the heat of the rad.
I have never had a problem with overheating, and i think its due to the fact i have to usually cross a river to get home. I drive through the water for a bit then back up the river, this cleans my rad every time. soaking the mud with a fine mist and then using a low powered flow should clean it out . You are right about the fins they can be damaged easily.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

so you suggest driving in water?? What if im not near a big enough stream to get it that soaked? Would a regular garden hose work with low pressure?? maybe keep the bike running, get it warm then spray it??

I looked at the rad and it doesnt apprear to be that covered..only the bottem bit of the rad has some dirt too it...but i did notice that the fan stayed on a little longer then usual.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Just wash it, i think what he means is that his gets cleaned on the way home, it only makes sense, if there's a stream/river deepenough run up and down it and it'll clean more than a rad, but the water in the house will do the same. Mabey put some spray9 on it?

Old 12-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Get a hose nozzle that has a small tip and is non adjustable. Make sure the tip is small enough to go inside the holes in the grill. They work wonders. just poke it thru the grill and slowly spray around. Gets mine perfectly clean every time with very little effort. I just wear glasses, jacket and hat if necessary to protect me from squirtage.

Just hold that power sprayer back far enough to not do any damage.

There is a supplier (starts with the letter H and is synonymous with stoned hoister) that sells a 12v on the trail radiator washer pump thingy.

Old 12-30-2002, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Ive wash mine at the carwash a dozen times and none of my fins are bent.

Andy G