Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A question for Alltoys

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question for Alltoys

Hey alltoys, just wonderin where in edmonton you have been getting parts for your 650. I live in Ft. Mc Murray Ab and I'm curious as to where you found the black spring for your machine. The dealer in town has offered little help in finding the part for me. I realize I could go to epi's website and order one but Im lookin to save a buck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

I have a question for you as well. I called my local bike shop and asked if they had a 145 Keihin jet. Then they asked me if my stock jet was round or hex. I'm sure they are round but the bike shop only has hex. Is there a difference?
Wapper, Alltoys will probably be more help but you could cross reference epi's specs with some of the springs available on the Royal Distributing site.
R.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Wapper

Your not to far away 3 1/2 hours somewhere around there I worked in Fort Mac in 77 on the original Syncrude plant. I could tell you some stories about that place say are you learning Newfanese LOL.

Back to the spring thingy I got mine from EPI although everytime we go past the border UPS nails us Canuks big time, free trade my A$$. As Oshawa replied Royal Distributing is worth a look, if you go on their site they will send you a catalogue and there is some interesting stuff there. Royal did not have the springs when I was looking I think the only ones that had them when I wanted them was Rocky Mountain from the US. Unfortuneatly what ever we order from the US costs us double from the dollar exchange to the duty and the shipping such is life. We'll have to get together sometime I'll give the grand tour of the toyshop show you some of my latest projects.

Oshawa

I am sure they are hex shape it has been a long time since I was in there but they are hex either way Kiehn jets all the same whether they are from a street bike to a sled. Hey I have some carbon fibre I am tempting to mill then put them inplace of the metal ones in the carbs already there. This should help with the harmonics the carbs develop produceing a heathier flow of fuel mixture. Let know how you make out have fun.

Old 01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
fru
Weekend Warrior

Wapper
Call Ted at 306-747-2213 they are a kawi dealer in saskatchewan and should have black springs in stock I'm sure he'd be glad to send you one. I paid $35cdn for mine it works great.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Fru

What part of Saskatchabush would ye be from and the dealer as well sounds like he has some good deals.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, Thanks for the heads up on the carg vent hose on the other post, I'll check it out before i buy pilots, ONE thing, how far are you running the mixture screws on ther front and rear carbs right now, reason if I get them rich enough right now in the winter, I know they may be a little to rich this summer but i can put another hole or 2 in the airbox lid to compensate......

Old 01-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Stakk

I am not sure about anyone else but from summer to winter I usually stay at the same amount turns out from season to season. My temperturers vary so much in Alberta it is wild it could be -40 in the morning and +10 in the afternoon. I use 3 1/4 turns in the rear and 3 turns in the front but I use a carb tune kit to adjust the carbs this way there is no maybes. I have posted this before to get the air screw mixtures to where it is approximate you can try it, it has worked for me in the past.

Turn in the screw untill the motor runs rough take note at position of turns out from bottom eg. 2 1/4 turns. Next turn out the mixture screw untill the motor wants to run fast almost take off, take note at number of turns out from bottom eg 3 1/2 turns out. Next turn in the screw to half way between the two and you should be okay eg. almost 3 turns or 2 7/8 turns out. Repeat this for both cylinders. From this setting you can vary it by 1/8 of a turn untill you are totally satisfied although I have found it doesn't vary much only say 3/4 of a turn at most either way.

If it still backfires try that tube I mentioned or give it more air with more air holes in the air box or you might have to drop one size of jet. The best way to solve this problem with jeting and the like is to find someone with a fuel analyzer where they stick a tube up the tail pipe measureing the amount of unburned fuel in the exhaust. Then jet accordingly. Hope this helps Stakk let me know how you make out.

Old 01-15-2003, 05:25 PM
fru
Weekend Warrior

Alltoys
I am from P.A. Sask. The guys I deal with are from Shellbrook they are always helpfull and seem to be a great bunch to deal with all a round.

Old 01-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, Oshawa: I've got spare jets laying around for the 650. The 650 Keihin carbs take the round jets.

Old 01-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alltoys, thanks for the advise. I will definitley get a hold of you next time I head down that way, I wouldn't pass up the chance to learn a new language LOL!!! I cant wait to see that killer 650 of yours.

Till then take er slack.

fru, thanks for the info on the spring it's greatly appreciated! I knew a fellow skatch boy would come through for me. (Born and raised in Regina)

Quick Reply: A question for Alltoys