Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

WOW!!! What did I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW!!! What did I buy?

These Mud Lites are IMPRESSIVE looking. The tread depth in amazing I thought my Bearclaws had good tread. The widths are a true 10 and 12" (the 10" fronts are wider than the stock rears) and the height looks to be correct. With the Dunflops inflated on the wheels the sitting next to unmounted Mudlites are slightly shorter about 1/2 inch. They fit the stock wheels no problem and there is sufficient clearance although it is minimal at the gas tank shield. The rim guard is not great but the wheels is recessed into the tire now which should protect it some. The construction is quite thin the actual bead is half the size of my Bearclaws hence the lite weight. Let hope they are just as puncture resistant.

I will get pics and a ride review up soon.

Old 01-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Glad to hear from someone that has gone from bearclaws to mudlites. I was thinking about picking some up in the spring. If your that impressed I'm getting them for sure now. EasterEgg please do a follow up, I'll be looking for your post. I hope they are as tough as the claws, I have put mine through 1500 km of hell riding, and still have half the tread.

Old 01-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I got my mudlites in the sand dunes last week and they did great. I lowered the psi down to 2 psi, but the tires hardly flattened out. I should have tried 1 psi, but I wanted to keep the tires mounted. (= Anyways, the p650 still climbed up everything....so I am happy.

Old 01-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Here is a pic of my p650 with Mudlite in the Sand.

http://www.dextreme.com/images/litesNsand.jpg

Old 01-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Steelhead650

The snow is pretty deep around here now, close to 2 feet on the ground so any tests now will be only snow related. Also the Bearclaws I have are 22" on the Scram 500 so it may be a apples to oranges comparison but I`ll give my thoughts. I really liked the Bearclaws but wanted try something different, I hope I`m just as satisfied. My biggest concern prior to riding is the cornering side bite looks minimal.

Dextreme

The pics look good!!! I miss the sand, have been to Silver Lake, MI many times in the past (early to mid 90`s). What has been your experience with the side bite? Good, bad just OK

Thanks