Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Why does there seem to be such a "stigma" related to kawasaki?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does there seem to be such a "stigma" related to kawasaki?

Perhaps it just my perception but there seems to be alot of people who have something against Kawasaki.
I have had three Kawi 4 wheelers and they have all treated me great, I would have to say they are on par with the all mighty Honda.
When I bought my 650 I got the same old, why did you buy another crappy Kawi, from my friends who own Hondas, Yamahas, and Polaris. Im not saying that Kawi makes a perfect product, as I have had to replace a part here and there, but in comparison to the afore mentioned brands I feel that I have had very good luck.
Can anyone explain why people seem to think Kawi makes a poor product?

Old 01-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

It is called Jealousy Prairie Dust they are sticking to the click while you have gone outside. I have a 400 with 21,000 miles on it the end of our ride today..

It just keeps ticking and my 650 well I expect it will do the same as Kaws make a great product. Every product has its lil quirks like the Hondas all of them seem to be weak in the valve department.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Its the same thing for Trucks or Cars, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Foreign, Domestic. Everybody has their picks. but people really dont like Kawasaki for some reason. I caught a lot of crap when I got mine. But when I prove to them what it can do, they shut up. My brother in law hasnt said anything to me since I had to tow his 400 Foreman yet again because it quit on him. My Wifes cousin shut up when I beat him racing 3 times straight on his Yamaha something or another. you just gotta show them what it can do.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

JOIN THE CLUB.
I HAVE A BROTHER IN LAW WITH A Boreman 450 es He loves to ride my 650 but when i had a little problem he started with that you should have got a honda crap.
Last saterday we went muddin in the light rain and his old honda elec shift quit working he was stuck in reverse ha ha He had to dig out the little lever shifter. has any one tried to get a honda in to reverse
pull this push that push this.
I HAVE 2 OTHER Brother in laws one wants honda other some polaris rig[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

ya'll feel the same as i do but i have an Arctic Cat. I really like mine but nobody else i know will even consider one. to most of them it is only Honda or Polaris. but they don't mind when i'm there to pull them out when their stuck or to pull them home when they break down.

Old 01-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I saw an ad in Popular Mechanics and it had a picture of the praries and said,"Hope you like trial mix" right underneath a picture of a bowl full of dirt, rocks,twigs,etc. I liked it and it is true unless you have Raptor or something. Maybe some folks have had to eat some of Kawis trail mix and are mad.lol

Old 01-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The type of people who make such a big deal about what it says on the gas tank are the same Chevy, Ford ,and Dodge truck driving @$$ ho!es who pass you doing 90 with a little kid pi$$ing on something in the window. I should know, I am one of them.
The fact is I bought a Lakota because its a proven design and it fit my needs perfectly.
I bought the 400ex because its the standered, and its a bulletproof design.
I bought the Preditor 90 because for years its been the Scrambler 90 witch is a proven design.
It doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you ride!
They got 4 wheels just like me!

Old 01-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't we all just get allong?

Old 01-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

I don't know why people think something is wrong with Kawasaki... Are they forgetting Kawasaki makes motorbikes? I mean.. come on here... their bikes aren't exactly... crappy.... I think they know how to make a good engine, just look at their bike lineup.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think prairiedust has a good point here. Kawi seems to take second fiddle to Honda, Yamaha and others in a popularity arena. Maybe it is the black plastic trim that breaks off on the fist ride, or the belt that wears out unless you purchase a black spring conversion; Lack of IRS, lame name (My opinion), mundane styling. Who knows? The prairie reminds me of the first year Dodge put a Cummins diesel engine in their truck. Great motor in a mediocre brand. Now look at the Dodge PU sales. Chevy & Ford had to scramble to catch up. I think the same thing is going to happen to Kawi. They are going to build name recognition on a great motor and never look back. But, please change the name and upgrade to a more aggressive style package. A great bike like this deserves better.

Quick Reply: Why does there seem to be such a "stigma" related to kawasaki?