Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling problem

I seem to have a problem I can find no answer for.. My P-360 will kill everytime after giving her full throtle & then coming to a stop, that is until it warms COMPLETELY up, then it works pretty good.. I rejetted it to #145 after removing the #155 stock because of my elevation, & even tonight I threw the #155 back it & it still did the same thing. I cleaned the entire carb with carb cleaner, no luck. I have played around with the mixture screw and nothing. Anyone have any ideas for me? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Stalling problem

I am wondering what what you are experiencing? is it dieing out after you free rev(not in gear) or is doing it after you ride wide open throttle for a momment or two? if its doing it after riding (cold engine) after a momment or two, I beleive you are having "carb Icing" and thats why it dies out until warmed up.I would recemend moving up to premium fuel,and posably gas line anti-freeze.the ice build up you could be having is building up in your venturi bore and restricking the flow of fuel/air mixture. hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

This reminds me of the story about going to the doctor and saying "it hurts when I do this" he says "Then dont do that"

Should you be at full throttle when the motor is not completely warmed up?

Old 01-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

guess I should explain a little better. I can be riding down a road (after it wams up about 5 mins at idle) & dont even have to be at full throttle, & after coming to a complete stop, the engine dies and it's always hard to start after it dies. I doubht it has any thing to do with freezing, it has been extremeley warm here in Utah, I can ride in the middle of the day when it's around 50 & it still does it.. It dies everytime after stopping completely until it fully warms up, say after riding for a good 20 mins.. It's more anoying then anything, but it would seam to me that something is not right.. I have actually let it idle for 10 - 15 mins & gone for a ride & it will still die if I stop.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

Dumb question but-------Are you taking your choke off?

Old 01-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

yep, the choke is off.. Damn thing dont work anyway!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

this has happened to me on my p650. i would start it up just enough for the oil to work through the engine (no playing with the throtle just idleing) then take off and it would stall if i let the gas off completely. i then started to experiment by playing with the gas more and letting it fully warm up for about 5-10min. depending on temp. it has worked every time no more stalling

Old 01-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Default Stalling problem

I know that carb icing doesn't explane everything and it only happens below 40 f, the other thing I have to look at on this machine is tank venting? it could be biulding up a small vacum behind the fuel that can't be over come while idling.I would loosen the gas cap and try running it and see if still happens. if this takes care of it i would find the fuel tank vent and make sure its clear.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

My 360 will do that every once in a while when it's really cold out...I can let it warm up for a few minutes hop on it and take of throught the woods ride for about 15 min (never full throttle...maybe half) and stop tp warm my hands up and the bike would DIE...But it always fired right back up no problems after that.

Old 01-30-2003, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stalling problem

thanks for the suggestion's boys, I'll give them a shot.. if nothing else I'll just live with it in the
winter time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Stalling problem