Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CDI Gas Milage

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI Gas Milage

With new CDI, will the 650 prairie get better milage??

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Range Rover
Default CDI Gas Milage

It will be more efficient, but I'm not sure if it will be noticable or substantial.

Shhhh....speak very quietly, we don't want this thread to be removed.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Range Rover
Default CDI Gas Milage

HAHA, it probably will. Two of mine were and I didnt even mention any names.

Old 02-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

Hey guys, dbeck and atv connection are our friends. They are on our side. They aren't out to get us, they just need to keep the free advertising down to be fair to the paying ones. They may be just a little touchy with the trigger finger because they finally got around to enforcing the rules. Give it a few more days and you won't get your post deleted for mentioning anything like 2wolfman or emeraldF.

I appreciate the improvements to this forum. I haven't seen it going really slow like it was last year. I also haven't seen it down as much as it used to be. We get to use our own icons instead of the lame ones. I'm sure those improvements don't come for free.

I really like this forum. I sure as heck wish I was working for an ATV forum instead of where I do. Oh well, maybe it's not all glamour.

Oh, yeah by the way MPG probably will go up, but not offset the increased cost of high octane.

We use so much gas because the front diff always turns (even in 2x4, not powered), the rear brakes has viscous loses, the cvt always keeps the engine at the wrong rpm for fuel efficiency (this is a big one), constantly getting on the gas and letting off, riding in the mud and getting stuck.

I'm not banking on a big increase. Convert to a manual gearbox and only drive it on the highway, you might get over 40mpg.

Old 02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

I have never understood why some riders are concerned about gas mileage. I always fill up before leaving, including an extra 5 gal can. If I can go through 2 tanks of gas in a day, that's a long ride!

With the money we have spent on these quads, a few dollars here and there on gas is sure not going to break your bank account. Am I missing something?

Old 02-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Range Rover
Default CDI Gas Milage

It is not about money. It is about range and efficiency,
That's always important in any type of motor vehicle.
If you know what to expect, you won't be surprised

Old 02-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

I guess I overanalyze somethings too much. But not my quads gas mileage.

Most of the places we ride are state parks or somebody's land. Several hundred acres, but not wide open forrest or desert where you can ride for days.

That's what we have fuel gauges for. When we go back to camp for a drink or lunch, top off your tank if you need to, and keep riding. We never get far enough away that you couldn't make it back w/o running out.

Not trying to slam anyone who is concerned about their gas mileage, just trying to understand why?

Old 02-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

Brian, I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand Oxygens point. If you were to come riding with us up here in Canada, if you didn't bring extra fuel on your wheeler when we left the parking area, you'd be walking. A lot of the areas we go, a guy is only logging 80kms or so, but you will burn 2 tanks of fuel in that 80 kms. And I'm not just talking about my 650. Everybody up here carries extra fuel, and mileage is an issue.

As for the new CDI, I can't see it improving mileage. It actually might decrease your mileage since the tires are gonna be spinning more and you aren't going to have as much traction which equals more dirt and rock chuckin, but less distance travelled!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

Mastrblastr
Their is nothing quite like going on a long range recon and finding out there is not enough fuel to get home. I have sleds and quads stop in here all the time looking for gas, i'm halfway between two fuel stops on sled trail. Sometimes they are not smart enough to fuel up on other end and try to make it back to town. Oh yeah i can make it back without refueling, my quad gets great fuel milage, yeah right . when a guy is having fun their is never enough fuel in the tank.

Old 02-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default CDI Gas Milage

id just like to know when and where were going to be able to order????please hurry.

Quick Reply: CDI Gas Milage