Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !

Well isn't this great news, and I just picked up 4 ITP Mudlites, I haven't installed them yet, I sure hope I don't have any problem with them. Who the hell needs these type of hassles!

Old 03-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

I just installed my Mudlites a couple of weekends ago and they run perfect. Hope I am the lucky one here and got a good set if not I can see me calling ITP.

Old 03-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

i've heard of a few ppl haveing a side to side wobble with their ATR's around 30mph. I definitely have this, the handlebars wobble around 30mph, on pavement or hard dirt roads. 35mph and above, its gone. Strange. I inspected my rims, none are bent. Do these holeshot's need to be balanced like a car tire or doesn't that apply? Does it matter if when you mount the wheels you hook up the lugs symmetrically on either side, so the valve stems are in the same places respectively?

Old 03-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Is there anyone that has these tires installed and are not having any trouble with them?

I have four odered and I am really thinking of cancelling the order now that I am hearing all these problems.

I would hate to bring Home my brand new bike with the holeshots and the damm thing shakes like a peace of sh#@!

Thanks

Old 03-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Lightman,
Send them back for an exchange. For the price we pay they should be perfect.

Old 03-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Goattrotter:

I have a set of holeshot atr's on my ride and the only problem i've had is one bad tire... when they made the darn thing it didn't seal right or something ( I've got a pin size hole right on the seam in the middle of the tire. ) Other than that they have been great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Had them in deep snow yesterday (at least 4 inches hard pack and 6 inches new powder) they handled like a dream! I stayed out in front of the 500 polaris i was rideing with and he had stock goodyear tires on. ( I was kinda worried for a while, thought i was gonna be eating snow all day. )

As for hard packed (like dirt roads and rocks) they really bite in and grab. They don't push like so many other brands of tires do. I am totally satasified with my tire's and when these wear i will be down to pick up another set just like them. 25-10-12 rear 25-8-12 front

Don't let a couple of bad posts scare you from getting them... my father in law has itp blackwater tires and he loves them to. (They beat the holy SH*& outa ya when you get goin fast though.)

Oh and one last thing for everyone out there that is wondering about kawi's quality... My father in law has a 400 bayou that is 14 years old, it did 40 mph when it was new and guess what it still does 40 mph. (checked it on my gps) it only has to mods... pipe and dynojet kit. He wanted a stock pipe but kawi wanted 160.00 so he got some other brand of mod. pipe for 70.00.

That's just one reason why i bought my kawi. (quality craftsmanship) Take care of um and they will take care of you.

Old 03-03-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

The atr's ride and handle great! THe only slight problem is that at 30mph on cement or really hard dirt roads, I get the wobble. Still not sure why and wish it were smooth, but overall, they are great on the trails.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Seems this problem is not limited to ATR's at all.......check this other current thread...

Tire Vibration Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

I took Lightman's advise and purchased the ATR's mounted on C-Series rims. This past Sunday I rode them for the first time. I had Bear Claws on previously and wasn't expecting a whole lot of difference. Much to my dismay, the tires were awesome. They made the ride of the bike smoother and the handling in the corners at high speeds perfect. It was a little muddy but the thing that really surprised me was the way the front end kept coming off the ground. These tires hookup great and so far I have no complaints about anything. One final note, I don't think my buddies I ride with like the ATR's. They complained about the ATR's giving me an unfair advantage. My response, if your going to run up front, buy the ATR's.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

wv bartman, glad to hear you like the atr's as much as I do!! The one thing I don't understand, is why were you upset when you found out they were better than your bearclaws??

Do you have any of the side to side wobble around 30mph on hard surfaces?

Quick Reply: Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !