Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH THE V-FORCE??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH THE V-FORCE??

I have been riding for over 20 years on all kinds of machines and I know that rider inexperience is not what caused me to catch a tree on the trail that I was on. This thing has so much torque an was hooking up the rear tires to well for the front end to stay down on the ground so that you can steer it. If you try to ride it slow and not spin the tires the torque will lift the front end and you will loose alot of your steering.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

You are right RoadKing, I posted something to that effect yesterday. I'm considering a different rear tire that doesn't hook up quite so well and allows the quad to spin/slide more freely. All machines have specific characteristics that riders have to be aware of and the loss of steering control on the Vforce under acceleration is major.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

You can get away with this in open areas or dunes but not in the trails.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Tires do make a big difference. I am going with razrs all round. My buddy put the same tires the 700 runs on his scrambler and its the same way. Impossible to keep the front end down. Razrs are a great all round tire.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

The problem with big ATVs and small riders is the ability to use weight. No matter how talented or experienced a small rider may have, they don't have the ability to use their weight to manhandle a big heavy ATV in some situations. To say otherwise is to disagree with physics.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RebelDS
The problem with big ATVs and small riders is the ability to use weight. No matter how talented or experienced a small rider may have, they don't have the ability to use their weight to manhandle a big heavy ATV in some situations. To say otherwise is to disagree with physics.
Point made and accepted rebel.
Does this mean that all the 110# women should not be allowed to ride the 600# Utes i'm always seeing them on? Should we get the government involved in setting weight guidelines too?

Old 03-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ryanstones
LOL. Thanks for your concern fellas. I'm surprised to take flak from this forum over CPSC age generalizations.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Yes, I am concerned about my son riding ATV's of any size. Especially considering the number of injuries i see to children on light weight dirtbikes. The size of the machine is not the issue, the rider's judgement and ability is the issue. I don't know about putting any 13 year old on ATV's but i do know about mine. He's 5'8", 120#,straight a's and has already scored an 1100 on the SAT's. He has 1000's hours on ATV's and bikes of all kinds including my cannondale, DS's, banshees, and Raptors. I included his positive experience with the Vforce to show that the major problem with the Vforce crashes isn't the machine, but the operator.
It isn't about age, it is about experience & ability. I am glad I learned to ride on Trail Boss 250's and took a few spills on them before getting the DS. I will not let anyone ride my DS (especially now with the mods.) and don't think anyone without experience should be on the Raptor, 400EX or the V-Force. They are all relatively easy to operate but, they have too much power for someone that doesn't know how to Ride. I hate to tell some of my friends no but, I don't want a rift in the friendship over repair bills. I would like to have a Yamaha Warrior or a Polaris 250 / 335 as a guest quad (but, my desire for a dirt bike is stronger than my desire to have an extra quad for a friend.)

BTW - who is paying for these crash repairs for you guys? Rider or Owner?

Old 03-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Proper V-Force riding technique for experienced riders....1) engage brain 2) start quad 3) have fun! Improper tecgnique...1) Start Quad 2) ride 3) crash!!!!!! 'nuff said

Old 03-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am 250 lbs. Mark my words the more of these that go into the woods the more they will crack them up. Experienced or not.

Old 03-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think it's the old men used too riding dedicated utility machines getting in over their head.

Quick Reply: WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH THE V-FORCE??