Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

any kfx700s going to be at winchester sometime soon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any kfx700s going to be at winchester sometime soon?

I was just wondering if anyone with a kfx700 will be at the oregon dunes in a couple weeks or so (week before easter weekend) I really wanna see one of those babys run.

Old 03-30-2003, 03:05 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

I was at Sand Lake all day Sat., won't be back to the Oregon Dunes until August, for a week at Winchester Bay. You should see one by then.

Old 03-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

I was at Sand Lake all day today and I'm hoping to be down at Winchester Bay one day next weekend. I ABSOLUTELY love my Orange Crush. I will start a new thread on how my day went but needless to say it was Grrrrrreat!!!

Old 03-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

right on. Did either of you guys race anyone? if so what kind of machines and what were done to them?

Old 03-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

I only raced a stock Banshee and won by a long shot, but she is new to Banshee's and clutches and sport quads and so on. I raced a stock 650 and actually had a real hard time beating it from 0 to 30 but after that it was mine by a long shot. I'm not real sure how to feel about that... I also raced a stock Raptor but you will have to check out my other thread for those results.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

alright thanks for gettin back. sounds pretty fast. i wanna race one lol

Old 03-31-2003, 02:37 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

I raced a full blown big time Modded Banshee, and got my a** handed to me (I already knew what the outcome was going to be, but what the heck). I also raced a Piped/Filtered/Jeted Predator, and got beat by about 2 quad lengths. It was up a short hill, and that thing moved pretty good. The only other race I really ran was against a guy with a Piped Prarie650. I won.

I really didn't race to much, there was a crap load of modded Banshees running all over the place and I figured why bother. That and the fact that I only rode the 700 for part of the day, mostly I rode my 400 (The wife likes the 700).

If you plan on Drag Racing on the sand, go with Straight Paddles. I have V-Paddles, and they kick up a pretty good roost, but they don't get you moving very fast.

Old 03-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

that's cool RPM. i ll say it again, those things sound pretty fast. did you race any raptors ?

Old 03-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i was at florence for four days and saw and raced some at the jetty face and at comp they run real well, they took stock, banshees and raptors, my wifes piped ds won but hers runs better than most and she is light. it wasn't close to my stage two ds, but it was with me out of the hole for about 20' which kind of got my attention, i bet when the aftermarket hits they will be a real challenger. i bet they are the new wheelie king, every one i see it is doing a wheelie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2003, 05:09 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wildchild660R
that's cool RPM. i ll say it again, those things sound pretty fast. did you race any raptors ?
No, the only Raptor I saw racing was a Grey/Black Raptor with Flame Graphics on it, and a funny little bottle tucked under the fender. He was playing with the Banshee crew. It was fun to watch, but out of my league. Like I said, I think that every Modded Banshee in Oregon was there this weekend. You got to love the sound of 5 to 10 Banshees racing up a hill, with one Thumper right in the middle.

Now to answer the next logical question, the Raptor was holding his own. Believe it or not, the guy was pulling on them (The Shees) at the top of the hill, but was not getting out of the hole as good. All in all, I watched the Raptor and the Shees race about 5 times, and it was generally who ever got the best start. I would say that the Raptor might have won one race because of the top end charge that thing had, but they were all so close at the top, it was hard to tell.

Quick Reply: any kfx700s going to be at winchester sometime soon?