Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My experience with the KFX700

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with the KFX700

So, I finally got my new bike, gas, sunshine and some friends to ride with so we all headed out to the sand. I must say that I am really happy with the power of the 700. Whoever said it was like an electric motor was right on the money. Every little centimeter that you give it it just keeps going faster. I never felt it bog and in fact I really never even felt it shift. It was just like an electric motor. The stock tires are probably great for the mountains and I am glad they are such nice tires for being stock, but you definately need to get a sets of paddles before you take it out to the sand.

The machine was easy to keep on track but since I was constantly spinning my wheels that makes perfect sense. I am very happy with the suspension. I was flying (and putting) over some fairly bumpy stuff and wasn't beat to death. (I hopped on my friends new Banshee and was just beat to death.... I like mine much better). I hit the bottom of several drops rather hard but never bottomed out. (I'm 210lbs)

I really like the engine breaking. It made me feel alot better going down some of those steep runs. Just like everyone else said, once the RPM's start climbing I just tap the throttle and the braking system kicks back in. I find that I really don't use my brakes that much, though those are great also. When you clamp them baby's down your coming to a stop in a hurry. I did notice that there is nothing in-between accelerating and decelerating. You can't just coast after reaching a pleasant speed, but it is an easy sacrifice for the great engine braking.

I didn't have any problem whatsoever with the front lifting up on me that some other folks mentioned, but I will retract that after I get my paddles if neccessary. I love the sound of this machine. It really does sound sort of like a Harley. I might be getting old but find the loud high pitch twang of two strokes very annoying.

It is definately a heavy bike but I didn't have any trouble with jumps. I'm just a beginner with sport bikes so I only cleared a foot maybe two at most. I feel like I need to be carefull with punching it at the base of short jumps. I think it might just stand the bike on its butt and I don't really want to try and land it that way. Since this is getting so long I will just stop here. Thanks for your endulgence.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Vtwinman

And trust me .... you put it on firm footing.... and it will stand up ... quickly

Old 03-31-2003, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Okay, I've had my V-Force for two weeks, I had only about one hour for some easy breakin time on it the day I picked it up. Yesterday I loaded up the P650 and the KFX700 and my wife and I took off fo the hills. We went to Capitol Forest and played in the mud and the trails for about 3 hours. I found the 700 to be extremely powerful and I had NO PROBLEM climbing any hills. It went thru the mud and water without a glitch. This thing is scary fast on the fire roads. When my wife was cruising along about 35 mph I would hit the gas and catch up to her so fast I would be all over the brakes to get slowed down before slamming into her P650. This thing has way more power than I need but that's okay maybe I won't need the mods that others look for, more money for gas now.