Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help me please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please!!!

MY 650 is getting no power to all the electronic parts when the enigine is not running. THe battery is three quarter's full according to my charger and when i pull start it all the electonics start to work again. Well i never drove it enough to see if the fan works but i know the dash works and when it was idoling in nutral i tapped the starter quickly and i could hear it turn. What do you think could be wrong. None of the fuses look broke but maybe they can be broken and not look it. When i had my plastic off my handle bars and i was connecting my dash back up my screw driver touched the end of a wire(this wire was one of the ones that give the LCD screen power) and it sparked and since then i have absolutly no power to all elecronics on my 650 when the key is on with out engine running, this includes my winch,i tried it when my key was on with the engine off and it would not work. Is there a fuse other then those 4 or 5 in the plastic fuse box that could be blown? Do any of you think there is any thing serious or what. I dont know much about ignitions but i hope its not that. Later all. and please please reply.

Old 04-13-2003, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

3/4 full 12v battery is only 9 volts. It probably is not enough voltage to turn the starter. The electronics are set to run at a fraction of 12 volts, so with a fraction of 9, it may not run. Since everything works after you pull start, it seems that the electronics are Ok as long as the alternator is suplying power, also indicates the alternater is Ok as it keeps the engine running. Since the winch also does not work, which should be a direct connection to the battery, I'd have to say the battery is what you need to seriously look at. Check your connections to make sure you're getting a charge. Charge the the battery w/a charger and make sure it holds the charge over a few days w/o dropping significant voltage. If not, swap the battery and you'll probably be ok. A quick short as you mentioned usually won't affect a battery, but if it was marginal to start with it may have tipped the scales.

good luck.

Old 04-13-2003, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer

Under the seat, where you checked the fuses, there is a box in front, actually it is the furthest to the front of the bike on the side of the belt housing, there is a fuse located in there, mine has a red cover over it and it contains a 30 amp fuse, my guess that this is where you are having your problem, Ill bet the farm that it is the 30 amp fuse located under that red cap

let me know how you make out

Old 04-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

You where right it was that fuse, i got her fixed up already. thanks for replying.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Range Rover

Ah, Ginchy. How dare you thwart me by supplying the correct answer? You have made an enemy my friend. Oh yes indeed, an enemy for life! Mwahahahahahaha! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]