Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Penland email?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penland email?

I want to order Mike Penland's series big gun pipe and ask him a few questions about some of his other products. I have his phone number, but I am out of the country and it is very difficult for me to make phone calls. Does anyone have an email address for Mike Penland?

Thanks

Old 04-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

He hates computers and doesn't type very well. Good luck finding an email address.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default Penland email?

Thanks NYROC. I got his # from your website. I guess I will have to have someone back in the states give him a call and relay the message to me.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

I may call him soon.

Old 04-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

Why not buy it directly from the manufacturer? Try www.biggunexhaust.com

Somebody else posted that they found an even lower price awhile back, maybe if you do a search you can find out who they bought it from.

Old 04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

Mike's is better quality. Quieter too, I believe.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

Originally posted by: nyroc
Mike's is better quality. Quieter too, I believe.
I may be wrong, but I thought Mike only lent his name and his expertise on designing and building the pipe. I had no idea that he was building his own Big Gun pipes in his shop?

Trending Topics

Old 04-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

Have any of you measured the head pipe on the Penlands exhaust? The Penlands is the exact same as stock,,, 1 1/4 od,,,,,,,,the HMF is 1 1/2! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm something to ponder there!

Old 04-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

I am not an expert (Penland is) but I know that the Big Gun exhaust is matched to the size of the exhaust port. A certain amount of backpressure is necessary in order for the engine to breath properly. Larger head pipes are not necessarily a good thing. I'm sure someone else will step in a clear up the subject.

Old 04-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Penland email?

Yes, all engines need a certain amount of back pressure. As far as experts go, well I'm not an expert and as I talked with Mike before he or Big Gun released their exhaust the main thing he was trying to get them to do was make an exhaust that was quiet as or more than stock that would still get the power of the more free flowing exhaust! Big Gun did it! Mike also made the comment to me and a few others I know that the headpipes were gonna be alot larger than stock. I just took the time recently to measure them and that's when I found it to be the same as stock. I do plan to call Mike about this to find out why Big Gun did this! Big Gun made it, it it the same exhaust weather you buy it from Penlands or Big Gun. I noticed a little power loss going from the HMF to the Big Gun but the HMF was falling apart after 8 months and loud as He!!,,, The slight power loss was worth the excessive noise decrease! The power loss was at top end only tho! Hey Brian,, you are close enuf to Iowa,,, do you plan to attend the 12 Hours Of America race? You should, you can visit with Mike in person, he stays at a friend of mines house while he is here. Last year I ended up with several parts off the 650 they raced and you should really meet Morris, Mike's brother! He is a riot! They are all very nice and friendly, they unlike some other well known pro's have not let the word PRO go to their heads! I will let you know what Mike has to say about the pipe size.

Quick Reply: Penland email?