Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Lt 80clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt 80clutch

I recently replaced the V-Belt on my son's 2001 LT80...Aditionally, replaced a number of parts due to damage/rust including; plate and spring limiter, Movable Drive face rollers (4) and plate, cover, o-rings.
I tried to salvage; Clutch Assembly (cleaning rust off springs, backing plates etc.) the pads didnt look too bad (have been replaced by previous owner as well as modification to taking out 2 rollers from Dr.).
After i put all back together all seemed to be in working order according to manual. However when i tightened the last nut which holds the Clutch housing, Plate and Spring Limiter the rear axle seizes (will not rotate). I loosen the nut and it turns normally.
Torque on this nut is 30-45 lbs. even when not torqued (hand tightened) same results as above mentioned.
Any advice, corrections will be greatly appreciated. Family is hoping to go riding (camping) over the T-Giving Holiday.
Thank you in advance.
Craig