Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

looking for a miniquad for my son....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a miniquad for my son....

gentlemen,
sometime in september i will be purchasing my son who will be 8, september 30th a brand new quad.....this will be his first one and i want to get him the best one.....i race a highly modded raptor, so when you give me some suggestions why you think a particular model is great, please give me technical reasons.... while i know one quad may be fast than another, and another model may have a better suspension than brand x model....what i am looking for is.....a quad that has good suspension and a good motor.....i will probably do some modifications to it,,,,when dylan my son, starts to race....so if a particular model responds well to,,,lets say motor mods....this is something i am going to look at......basically i want a 90cc range miniquad that has good suspension and frame....but the motor needs a little aftermarket tweaking to make it fast.......currently i like the eton viper 90......i like the looks and the suspension, it has hydraulic rear brakes and i know the motor can be tweaked to go fast..................please help me make a wise decision.....i will do 90 percent of the modification on this quad......as i did with my raptor......any information will be highly appreciated....

herbdon

Old 07-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

You may want to look at tha Kasea 90. The frame is a little beefer than the eton and it seems to be the choice of the racers. My son has an eton and it has been great, but if I knew two years ago what I know now I would have gone with the kasea. Another plus is than it has a foot brake. With what ever you choose they can all be mod'd to go fast. I have my sons up 45 mph and it went 23 stock and all I spent was $850.00, not bad to get twice the speed.

Old 07-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I just recently purchased a Kasea 90 for my daughter's first quad. It does have a beefier suspension than others (adjustable Showa shocks front and rear). There are tons of high performance parts available from pipes to carbs, all the way to stroker motors. Rear footbrake is nice. Pre-wired for headlights and taillight. Lots of grease fittings on the front suspension.

I looked at all of them. Lt/Kfx 80, Trx 90, Raptor 90, Arctic Cat 90, Polaris 90 (not a bad quad), Eton, Yerf dog (POS). I liked the Kasea the best. Most of these except honda, suzuki and kawasaki all share a very similar engine, based on a Yamaha scooter engine, so parts are plentiful and interchange.

Also, look for a good dealer that you can work with. Sometimes a good quad is only as good as the dealer that services it. My Kasea dealer is 45 miles away, but he is the only one who wanted to work w/me on the price. He ended up matching an internet price I found for $1900. All the other dealers wanted at least $2100 and wouldn't negotiate.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

etondad and brianT,
thank you for the infor. i did some more reading on the Kasea90 and i liked what i read....i have a great friend that i race with and his dealership sells Kasea's...i will give him a call tonight and see what he can do for me......what would be a great OTD price for the Kasea 90. i do know that there is a ton of aftermarket stuff for the Kasea....i even came across an aftermarket frame for....imagine that, an aftermarket frame for a Kasea 90......it looked really trick too.....if there is anymore info, both of you can give me,...i would highly appreciate it....i have some time to do the research and find the best deal....i am looking to make the purchase at the end of august, when i get back on my feet...........thank you for you help.......

herbdon...aka donald........

Old 07-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Both kasea and e-ton are good.I do like the foot break on the kasea though.

I realy think all of the mini quads come with junk for suspention.A set of works does wounders and there no were as expensive as the full sized quads.

There are tons of aftermarket parts out there for them both.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I purchased a predator 90 for my 6 yr.old around christmas time. He likes it quite well, however im not sure how it will hold up. the air box doesnt seal very well and ive had to empty water out of it a few times. it also eats spark plugs quite often. its extremly fast with no modifications, maybe not quite racing fast but hes still awful little to go much faster, scares my wife.

if you look at the tag under the front fender it says"made in taiwan for polaris by the aeon motor corp." the arctic cat 90 is the same, so i think the eton,polaris,and arctic cat 90 all role out of the same plant..

good luck, the predator works well for us

Old 07-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with the kasea. I was really ragging on these quads hard a while back, but I didn't know spit about them. Now I've read on them and seen reviews and from what I gather they are about the best mini's you can buy.

Old 07-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have a Kasea and an Eton and my Daughters Kasea is slighyl modified I have one pic in my profile of it at Qaud Wars.ITs a great machine and the sky is the limit for mods on both quads,got a trinity pipe on hers and it sokes with even mild mods....... Tina [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Check out www.anythingatv.com for a great price on the Kasea 90. I printed out a copy of the their site and took it to my local dealer, and he honored their price.

$1899 delivered to your door, and if you click on the free gift icon, they will throw in a cheap helmet.

Old 07-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BrianT
Check out <a href="http://www.anythingatv.com">www.anythingatv.com</A> for a great price on the Kasea 90. I printed out a copy of the their site and took it to my local dealer, and he honored their price.

$1899 delivered to your door, and if you click on the free gift icon, they will throw in a cheap helmet.
They are who I bought my Eton Viper from. Nice people and he has good knowledge too........

Quick Reply: looking for a miniquad for my son....