Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What is a MAX 6X6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-1999, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please tell me what is a MAX 6X6? I didn't see it listed under the Manufacturer's Topics.

Old 10-19-1999, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

It's an Amphibious All Terrain Vehicle (AATV). It looks like a bathtub with 6 wheels and an engine. It is supposedly capable of transversing muddier terrain than a quad. It will float in ponds and slow-flowing rivers. That's pretty much it.

------------------
Want a Magnum or Sportsman 500!!!

Old 10-19-1999, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

You can check out my Max at www.homestead.com/maxatvs . Send me a personal email (bprice@ktis.net)if you want more info. No one besides me on this site knows what a Max can do, so therefore I am the only one that can give truthful information about the Max.

It is the ultimate ALL terrain vehicle.
MaxRules!

Old 10-19-1999, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, that's just about it. The Max IS the ultimate all terrain vehicle. It may not be the fastest or the most comfortable, but it's the closest thing to a tank they'll let us buy...and some of them even have tracks!

------------------
Want a Magnum or Sportsman 500!!!

Old 10-20-1999, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Max6x6,
My partner and I own a 6x6 Argo and an 8x8 Argo.Both are equipped with tracks and we think THEY are the ultimate off road vehicle.My buddy owns a MAX 6x6 and he says his is the ultimate.One of these days we're going to have a shout out to see who is right.The problem is that these machines are designed for swamp and muskeg and we don't have any where we live.We drive 1000 miles to hunt in northern BC where both of these machines really shine.Oddly enough,in BC and Alberta the Max is virtually unheard of,whereas the Argo is considered king.Either way,nothing can compete with either machine in th muskeg of the north country.
Dave

------------------

Old 11-18-1999, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

I owned a new Max IV for about 6 months that I sold about a year ago. Had alot of good times riding up and down the rivers around here with a cooler and a couple of friends. We'd ride awhile (I fashioned a cruise control out of zip ties) and then anchor and fish for a while. Only thing I didn't like about it was steering with those sticks on land, bumpy ride, and the fact that when turning it became a three wheeler and was very easy to get stuck (only when turning) compared to my 4WD Polarises. I wish I hadn't sold the thing now. I had the rpms turned up on the 20hp Koler (sp?) so that it would run 28mph on land and would actually go upstream through all the rivers around here without any trouble (I had a governor override pullcable utilizing the choke ****), it had a tach, a winch and an anchor also. Yep, sure did enjoy that little boat. I think I might buy another one day soon.

------------------

Old 11-18-1999, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wsanders,Max6x6 earlier posted that NO ONE in here knows what a max can do,so therefore,he is the only one that can give TRUTHFUL information about the max.Shame on you,you you you Untruthful ????----BILL

------------------

Old 11-19-1999, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

WSanders - Glad to hear about your Max. The new Maxs have been improved a lot since just a few years ago. You can get the 25hp Kohler Max IV that now goes 30mph. I was told it can be bored out to 38hp. Open up the governor on that one and you might be racing quads!
As for the steering, that is just something you have to get experienced with. I am very good at skid steer and wouldn't settle for anything else.
Where do you live? If you are close to me I'll refresh your memory that there is nothing mightier than the Max!

MaxRules

Old 11-20-1999, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Troy, AL which is about 43 miles south-southeast of Montgomery AL.

------------------

Old 11-20-1999, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, Max:

I'm sorry, but I just can't take it anymore! I know how mighty the Max is in water, and I know that some Maxs can go 40 mph! Yeah, my King Quad can go 50-60 mph, and it can climb hills, whether they're muddy, steep, or rocky, but it doesn't float...Or, should I say, it "didn't" float! Ah hah! Got you! I bought some water wings today. See you in the pond!