Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

TroyLee Predator 90

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TroyLee Predator 90

Hey all,
new to this forum. I have bought my Son a Predator 90 for x-mas and we rode in -20 weather up in Canada with his new Quad. I purchased the 04 Troylee 90 from a Dealer in my home town and he loves it.

I have removed the CDI restrictor from the bike and the stop screw for the throtle. He is only 5 but and about 45lbs and wants a little more speed when hill Climbing!! I know he's only 5 but he's been driving everything from tractors to Seedoo's since he was 3 so don't flame[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know a WRH Pipe, new Filter, bigger jet and springs would help but I have never installed these types of things. Any have a step by step for the jet and Spring part of the Install??

Also looking to replace the Ugly and heavy stock wheels with Beadlock Aluminum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Do they make these for the Predator.

Thank you for you help and all the great info on this site,

Perry

Old 01-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

troylee90 - welcome to this forum...

Don't know the details to your tire question.

If you are thinking of doing other mods, surf:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/375995.cfm

If you need more details for each mod on my '03 Pred-90, send me a PM / email.

If your son is doing hill climbing, you may want to consider a +1" or +2" Swing Arm, especially with engine upgrades. Even with stock engine, I seen my son almost bring his '03 Pred-90's front end over - twice.

Hope this helps..

Old 01-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Spike 99,
thank you for the great info. Where do you have that much Snow!? Looks look my place back in Ontario.

Where could a get a plus 2"swing arm?

Perry

Old 01-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

troylee -

Billy (WRH Racing) can hook you up with everything - directions, wheels and a-arms plus much much more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . You can't go wrong with him. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hye Quadmom,
thank you for the quick reply! I did a little surfing on the site and WOW!!! Can't you believe some of the stuff they sell!!!

I will contact them in the very near future.

Perry

Old 01-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Perry

another message board to check out for info:

http://miniatv.proboards23.com/index.cgi

Once you start upgrading it becomes addictive - there is always something bigger and better right around the corner. We have spent thousands on our Predator and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.... As long as the boy has fun and stays safe it's all good.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

troylee90,

Yes, lots of snow and cold in north central Ontario. I was watching the American news this evening and they were interviewing a few folks in New York City. Each person was complaining about their -20 F weather. In our region, its currently -30s -> -45s, with windchills as deep as -50. With those cold winds coming down from the north west and picking up moister across Hudson Bay, we're taking a beating in our region this winter. Do you want me to send some of this cold and snow your way??? It would make you feel like you were back in Ontario again...

Do contact Billy (WRH Racing). His specialized performance mini-quad upgrades are even known to many mini-quad gurus in my region. His kid also races a Pred-90, thus proving he has real `hands on` experience with the Pred-90 line.

If you do upgrade after your warranty is finished, ask him to recommend the "best performance bundle" for your unique riding conditions. He sells many different upgrade packages and one should not mix/match packages. For optiminal performance gain `balance`, stay within the same bundled grouping. This recommendation holds true if you even purchase a performance package from another specialized seller.

Take care...

Old 01-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow,
thanks for the great info. I feel alot better that the Owner of WRH Racing hs his child on a pred 90! Quadmom, i've upgraded just about everything I have with a motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the just have fun and be safe line. I had no fear in life till now!! I finally understand why my parents had so much fear in their eyes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's payback time everytime my boy hits the gas!!!

Spike,
the bundle info is great. I will talk to Billy and Spend some $$$$ on his new 90. I'm not worried about warranty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Take car all and happy Ridding,
Perry