Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

need a 50 for my 5 y/o girl

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a 50 for my 5 y/o girl

Never heard of this. But it has everything I want in a first quad for my daughter. Probably pretty cheap though.
Anybody have any experience with this quad?
zeedee

Old 01-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of it but it sounds too good to be true!! 4-stroke Honda clone, shaft drive so no chain maintenance or adjustments, 25mph seems hard to believe when you read what Yamaha 50cc raptor owners say about their 4-stroke shaft drives. Would be VERY curious to hear about this. Did you try zeedee in your search engine? Forgot to look, is it electric start? If it is, those are ALL the features i wanted for my son.

Despite how some people bash cheap suspension, i think ANY suspension on a 50cc machine designed for young, presumably light, kids should be plenty good (unless you're racing-then mod it).We ran on a 1985 LT50 with zero suspension and partial brakes, and kids still had a ton of fun. They got a lot more time on it than my adult quad.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

I would be very concerned about parts availability!!! looks alot like a raptor

Chris

Old 01-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the parts availability is a concern. Also I think it's a pull start. And not sure if it has reverse.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

NONE of the kids quads have reverse up to 80cc. There may be one of the Chinese brands that has reverse in a 90cc. Definitely not in a 50cc. Zeedee claim to have lots of parts available. Honda clone is a good thing. Kazuma is also a honda clone, so engine parts shouldn't be a problem. I wonder about the other parts though.

I double checked that link, it doesn't say if it's electric start but they show a key and a remote in one of the photos. Honda 90 for example, has a key but is still pull start.

The big risk is always trying the first run of someones new product. While it could turn out great, you're still taking a blind leap of faith into the unknown. You'd be safer going with something with a proven track record.

I still like the list of features this thing has though.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Cool, I didn't know that about the reverse. You're right it does seem a little too good to be true. Actually a pull start doesn't bother me. Just less things to break. I'm gonna try to find someone online that has one.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

I sold a Honda trx 90 because it had pull start. It's so nice for the kids to turn key and go. My 8 year old had a really tough time pull-starting and would get frustrated and give up, which meant I had to do it. Yes, you're usually nearby, but it becomes a huge pain to always have to run from where you are to pull start. You'll be standing and watching, or riding, they stall, or stop and shut it off.You have to run and rescue them. Having had both, I'll never go back. And I think it affects the ability to sell it (not necessarily the value, people either want electric start or don't care, but a lot of people who want the electric start will stay away). Just limits your resale market.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

BTW, on our '85 LT50, broke the recoil, spring and c-clip always came loose, cord sometimes lost tension. On electric I've had dead batteries and poor connections cause problems. Faulty solenoid, but easy to bypass with jumper wire. The problems with both are equal. Neither is infallable. The LT80 is kinda cool cuz you can get both electric (stock) and add recoil for about $90-100. I think the 80 is too big to start your 5 Y/O with, but it's the next one to move up to.

Old 01-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the info! I really apreciate it.

Old 01-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

my son is 5 and has a raptor 80. I have the throtle screw turned in so he doesnt go to fast, and he does great.
The raptor has 3 speeds and he has no problem shifting. My daughter who is 3 has a 87 lt 50 and she is a maniac on it. she loves to ride but only likes to go fast, real fast. if you check out my pics you can see them one there quads to get an idea for size good luck

Quick Reply: need a 50 for my 5 y/o girl