Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Manco Z-2 90 cc, DRR 90

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manco Z-2 90 cc, DRR 90

My son has a Manco Z-2 90 cc atv. We want it to have more hole shot and still maintain it's top end. It is currently stock. One suggestion is to drill out the primary clutch rollers to make them lighter yes or no? It currently has a 77.5 main jet. Would changing the jet to a larger one help? If I changed the sprocket setup (currently 19T & 40T) what would be a good combination? Does the Manco have a restrictor on the CDI that needs to be disconnected? I checked the exhaust pipe, it did not have the ring restrictor.

Where could I purchase the after market mod parts?

Old 12-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manco Z-2 90 cc, DRR 90

yeah, i have a manco 90, n ill tell ya, ive tried just bout everything.....on 77.5 jet, i borred that out twice as big and with the stock air ducting on it, it wont run any higher than idleing. i had to remove the air ducting and put mesh over the end of the carb. i tried a 1 foot tube with a scoop on it, but it would die out over 2/4 throttle, it is the 90 degree rubber elbow from the carb to the air duct that is to small for the air to get in, so i had to remove it. also on the exaust, i chopped off the end of the muffle, and made it cut up, the baffle end sounds good. i messed with the CDI, but it doesn't affect it to much, i havent tried the rollers, but to reduce the over all weight, i have remever the front brakes, frame, and other small xtras. the back grab bar is excellant for wheelies, but you might want to check up on the goverener, i havent yet solved that, but im workin on it....also for the future, we plan to drain and clean the oil tank and mix the fuel because of the bigger jet, more oilt hat the oil pump cant give. we plan to fill the oil tank with octane booster that you can purchse at any irving and run it to a primer switch which leds to the carb (on the end of the carb goin into the motor, there is a small rubber cap that u can take off and add a primer option) and will eb used for a boost of fuel, smae concept as nos, but when i have trid this, i will let you u know asap if this failed n burned a hole through the piston [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so that bout all i can give you on the ATV 90, if u want, log onto www.myspace.com/1977porsche924 and go to pic, for a picture of this bad boy

~brad