Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one?

Is the Arctic cat 90 or the predator 90 better.Really I do not like the fake lights on the Predator,but is it worth all the other features.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Which one?

It's like walking into gasoline factory and lighting a match. Sure hope this one doesn't explode....

As a suggestion, search this form for "Pred" or "AC" or Arctic Cat" and see what you can find. Many love their AC-90 units and many love their Pred-90 units. Is there things each has that could be better? Yes!! That's why they come out with better models every year.

From a driving perspective, here's the scope on the Pred-90:
- 2 stroke CVT automotic. Press on the gas and it goes.
- For its weight and size, its "take off" and top speed is comparible to many other brands. Even with my 240 lbs, it hauls my butt pretty darn good.
- Being a 2 stroke, it has lots of "low end" zip. Very easy to spin its wide back tires in mud and snow.
- It has a big frame. Both goods and bads in this area.
- etc.
- etc.

We have an '03 Pred-90 and it's been "press on the gas and go" since day one. To me, the Pred-90 is an excellent trail bike. Lots of suspension, lots of low end zip (which converts to low end spinning in the mud fun) and its factory muffler system is very quiet. Great if you have campers and/or horses on your trails. If wondering, we'd purchase another Pred-90 again. I'm sure the AC 90 folks would say the same about their brand as well.

Also..... Look past the cosmetics of each brand and focus at engine performance, suspension, ease of control, safety features, reliability, ease of access to parts, etc. The cosmetics of anything should always be the last thing one looks at. Always remember "you are driving a quad to have fun, NOT to impress others with looks". Something to keep in mind during your selection process.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one?

There are really only two problems with the Pred; 1 being the stance, it is a little narrow and high IMO, and 2 the CVT is open, not good for riding through water. I don't like the price either, but not my wallet. Very good quad though, have seen one seriously abused and held up great. I don't know about the AC.