Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

which one to buy kazuma 50 or madami lm 50?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one to buy kazuma 50 or madami lm 50?

hi guys, i need some help deciding which atv to purchase for my son whos turning 5yrs old this summer, i live in b.c where selection on used quads is none so i am forced to buy a new one but can only afforfd between these two machines because of the price range, the choices are either kazuma 50 or madami lm 50, can anyone tell me which machine is better the price here for both are pretty close kazuma being $100 more, i think one is fully auto the other is 4 spd auto or something, any help appreciated thanx.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

does anyone out there have any info, i would appreciate it i have to decide between the two soon, thanx

Old 04-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

Ya, i have one they are owesome!

Old 04-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM KAZUMA AS YOU CAN!!! These things are garbage!! We had a 50 for my son, sent it back got a 100 and now it is sitting in the barn in pieces!! It fell apart and was so underpowered it was silly. Also, you can't get parts and the distributor has no idea what parts are for which bike.

Also, you have to take half the bike apart to get into the air cleaner! How stupid is that!!!

Chris

Old 04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Range Rover

You dont know anything! I have every Kazuma and they rock. They are great. the best quads in the world!

Old 04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have 2 of the panda 100's and a miercat 50. They are all decent bikes. You can get all the parts you need from Kazumacycles.com. They are nice guys and send the parts quick. I can't complain. They are not as nice as the polaris, but they were half the price. I could not see spending 2000 bucks on a little kids bike that they will out grow quickly. The 100's are on the chasis design of a suzuki lt80 and the engine is based off of hondas little four stroke 50's and 70's. I don't know anything about the madami.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Lak
Trailblazer

Hi there, last summer I bought two 50cc meercats and a90cc Panda. The meercats vibrate everything loose from the carbs to the frame mounts. my sons frame broke in half(thank god he wasn't hurt!) Both the gas tank leaked and could not get replacements. The heat sheild on them both broke off, the exhaust broke at the weld by the foot pad,the carbs both vibrated looseI was steady tightening most bolts on the frame and suspension and the adjusters were coming loose steady. Headlight bulbs were both broke where they are soldered on at the light. They needed the valves to be set and I could not get any specs on doing this. I found they were impossible to get parts for and needed a set of metric wrenches on hand to check these over steady! Since then I have dumped both these Quads and bought Polaris 50cc Scramblers for my kids. Check Bristow's Polaris on the net, he usually has some decent deals and shipping is'nt that much. Save your money and save your self the headaches and get a good brand name Quad. Jim...

Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know anything??? Thats why I have a 1600.00 piece of crap in my shed that will probably never be ridden again!! Look, I I am glad you like your bike but don't come on here and tell me I don't know anything!
Would you like some more issues I had with it? The gaas tank seperated, this was not only a real inconvienience but a true SAFETY ISSUE!! It spilled gas between my sons legs everytime we rode until I RTV'ed it!!! This caused the seat to disintigrate where the gas came in contact with the seat!!!

The brakes are made of pressboard!! Thats right pressboard and not brake material, my son got a little water in the brake drum and the pads just came apart! When we took it apart to figure out what was wrong it all fell out in a big mushy pile!!!!!

The front bumper was held on with clamps that look like they were used on a bike to hold on the squeeze horn not for a bumper!!

Now fi you are planning on getting your kid this quad to make circles in the yard then it might be OK, But if you plan on any trail riding then look for something else!! Also they have gears and little kids DO NOT understand how to shift gears!!! That is why a fully automatic quad is so much easier for them

Chris

Old 04-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I just went and looked and for the features go with the madami!!! \

2 things I saw were the kick start backup and the fully auto tranny!!!

Those are important

Chris

Old 09-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

if kids dont know how to shift gears whos riding all those little honda 50 dirtbikes on the race track ?my 4 and 6 yr old shift their quad it took alitle more time for them to learn and a auto would have been a little nicer we have both a 50 and a110 kazuma my kids like the 50 and my wife and daughter both like the 110 I HAVE RIDEN BOTH AND BEAT THEM PRETTY HARD and have had no problems other than a headlight burnt out after ridding wheelies with it cant blame it the front end was coming down hard sure there is some flaws (1 to rev while still moving ) but i think for the 1900 bucks for both machines we will get alot of fun out of them basically if you want to go racing or ride hard most of the time you have to pay for a brand that already does that look at the motocross races they are not riding a kazuma most of the nonmainstream brands are good and great as farm rides and back yard small kids my 6 yr old is starting to ride better and harder and wants to race so the days of riding a less costly machine might be over and look at the kasea and yamaha mchines
in a nut shell i didnt pay alot for the kazuma and thinking that it will perform and last like a yamaha or honda is alittle unrealistic you dont buy a kia and complain that its not as good as porsche or maybe some people do

Quick Reply: which one to buy kazuma 50 or madami lm 50?