Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 Oil Injection Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Predator 90 Oil Injection Question

I purchased a 04 Predator 90 last Saturday. The kids have run through one tank of gas over the past week. I mixed some Polaris Pure Blue (2 cycle) oil in the gas tank for first tank. I noticed that the level of oil in the oil reservoir hasn't dropped. It appears the 2 cycle oil isn't being mixed. Does anyone know how to prime the system so oil is mixed with the gas?

Regards,
Brian

Old 04-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought i had the same problem at first i didn't think it was working but then i figured out the amount of oil that should be used after one tank and it's only about four ounces per gallon the way the tank is designed it's hard to tell if it dropped after such a small amount of gas has been burned, just to be safe i mixed oil with the second tank after burning that i noticed the drop in the oil tank and it took about eight ounces to bring the tank back up to where it was, sorry i can't answer the priming question

Old 04-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thought the same thing
We are on our fourth tank of fuel, and the oil resivoir is still about half
I put a little bit of oil in the first couple of tanks of fuel
Does not use too much oil
Great little quads

Old 04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

I was told the Predator 90 uses about one tank of injector oil for every 5 tanks of fuel. Mine dropped about an inch in less then its first tank of gas. I fill the reserve when I fill the tank now. If you want to bleed the pump:
1. Fill the oil reservoir with injector oil and mix a 40:1 gas oil mixture in the gas tank.

2. loosen the pump bleed screw one full turn. Allow the oil to flow from the bleed screw for five to ten seconds. Tighten bleed screw. Never let the engine run with the bleed screw loose as you can damage the engine.

3. Start the engine and turn the oil pump lever or reel to its full up/open position. Allow the engine to idle with the lever in this position for 10 to 20 secondsto make sure all air is purched out of the system.

To verify oil delivery to the engine, proceed at follows:

1. With the oil reservoir full and the pump bled, remove the oil delivery line from the intake manifold.
2. Start the engine and lift oil pump lever to full open position.
3. Oil should pulse from the delivery line every few seconds.

Hope this helps. I took this directly out of the Service Manual. Let me know if you need anything else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I would think as long as your getting that 2cycle smoke from the exhaust, its mixing the oil..

Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I need to check this on my sportsman 90 for my son but I am not sure how to get the other side of the engine cover off to access this screw. The Service manual tells you what to do but not how to get at it. Thanks for any tips.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Or instead of heat, could the lack of oil be fouling the plug and then it needs to dry out to restart?