Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Loosing spark on a 04 pred 50.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing spark on a 04 pred 50.........

i got an 04 pred 50 and it loose's spark and will stop running.
i'm a automechanic so i put a in line spark tester (when it stops running OR when it will not start)
an i do not have any spark at all, once and a while i will get ONE spark out of it, you cant pin-point when it's going to happen, it does it hot, cold and some times it will sit for a couple of week's and i go to get it out and BAM IT WONT START.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I had it to the dealer once for this same problem (which they did not duplocate my problem)
but they re-jetted my carb so i could get more rpm's to reach the ignition INTERNAL limiter, then no problems up in till now! I KNOW I HAVE A IGNITION ISSUE, can any one tell me where to start with out hanging a bunch of new patrs on it and letting my wallet fix it?
it's one month out of warranty and the dealer say's im screwed.......pay up sucker!!!!!!!
i've taking the external ignition limiter off and put it on , still no diffrence.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE THIS DAD GO'S CRAZY!!!

Old 06-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not very familur with the Pred-50.

I did read about an upgraded Pred-90 that had a simular problem. It wouldn't start. The guy unplugged its tail light and its been working great ever since. The conclusion was... When its left hand brake was pressed, its brake light would be on. With its brake light on, it lowered the voltage going down its ignition system. Hence, it wouldn't start. For the heck of it, pull the plug on your Pred-50's tail light wiring and try starting it again. It might be that simple. If that doesn't work, the problem is too far above my troubleshooting skills...

Hope this helps..

Old 06-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do what spike said first then might check the coil........last ditch effort your stator might be bad....