Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Engine Trouble with Sundiro 90 - HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 07:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Trouble with Sundiro 90 - HELP!!!!

I'd be willing to bet you reeds are good as is your compression. I've seen two with the exact problem over the lasty month, crank seals! If you hold your hand over the carb and it won't suck or get your hand wet, you're not sucking air or gas through the carb. The seals are real easy to replace and cheap if you do it yourself.

Just remember, top end compression and bottom end vacume are two different issues, both of which are needed to make a 2 stroke run.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Trailblazer

When holding my hand over the carb, it DOES suck, but my hand does not get wet. Where should I look for the bad seal and how will I know it is bad when I see it? Is this seal in the carb?

Old 08-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

You can do the compression test yourself.Just buy or borrow a gauge and screw it into the sparkplug hole and take a reading.The seals will be on the crankshaft.Did you try putting a little shot of gas into the carb and seeing if it would start?

Old 08-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

Any updates???

Old 09-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

Sad to say, still no luck. I haven't been able to get a compression test, but when I use the kick start, there is lots of back pressure, which I have been told, is indicative of good compression. I have a new theory, that it's not getting gas. The spark plug is sparking (and it gets wet) but I think the carb might be clogged internally somewhere. I took it out last weekend and looked it over - it's quite clean and was full of gas. However, I am thinking the gas isnt making it to the chamber. I intend to get some carb cleaner this week and soak the carb for a few hours. Thanks for asking! Having my sons 4-wheeler down for the past 2 months is really getting depressing!

Old 09-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, thats depressing!80(
Keep us updated.

Old 09-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Have you taken the carb apart to clean the jets?

Old 09-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Sundiro Ridge Runner 90. Probably the same engine. Had the same problem. It was compression. I ordered a new top end, problem solved. I could not get the parts thru a dealer, but I found a place that sells a higher displacement kit that included a cylinder, piston, and rings. If you still don't have it fixed I can find the number of the place for you. I will try to check back on this site in a few days.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry for not getting back sooner - I've been dodging Hurricanes the past two weeks.

I did not yet take apart the carb, but I bought the carb cleaner and wil try to do it this week.

Bandits3 - if you can find the number to place you called for those parts, I would appreciate it very much. I am not very confident that cleaning the carb will make much difference.

Thanks to you all for the help.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

I finally put the carb back together after cleaning it thoroughly (I let the carb cleaner soak for about 24 hours). No luck. I'm starting to think it is the compression. Frankly, I am just frustrated. I'm going back to calling every mechanic in town to see if anyone will take a look at it.

Quick Reply: Engine Trouble with Sundiro 90 - HELP!!!!