Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Anyone going to the Ironman in Indiana?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to the Ironman in Indiana?

First youth GNCC race for mini quads. I just got off the phone with Hetrick racing they will be there. Also the Dinli boys were be there for factory support. I just ordered there 70 cc kit plus the pipe and clutch mod kit and a set of 19"douglas alum wheels and holeshots for the front and douglas wheels and Snowhogs for the rear. Can't wait to get it all in to see how this things screams.Michael is all smiles just knowing he's going to race a GNCC race on a faster 70 quad. He's been asking for more power all summer.

2004 PKM Promotions XC Champion (4-6) 50cc open quad
Michael Mussi Jr #838

Old 10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I was hoping to go watch and take my sons. If We can get this LT of ours running better I may let my son race. Ours does well in the woods, just does not have the speed for the open stuff.
Any ideas on rules for the classes? I was not sure how ours would fit in with the classes. If we have to run with the modifieds, we'll be way out gunned and not really any sence in trying to race.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

They will use the ama rules. 70 cc production (6-11), 90cc production (8-15), 90cc limited (8-15). They said they will let the limited use an exhust. the production will be able to run anything. But must have stock frame and stock case. Heck let them race.Michael's quad isn't that super wicked. It only has the 70cc airsal head,Hetrick exhust and clutch package,Malossi reed and cage and malossi cdi.and alum wheels and 19" fronts and 18"rear wheels.It's all in the rider. Michael beats older boys on 90's way older. If they have nerves of steel and the nerve to keep it pinned wide open and let the barkbusters clip off the trees then they will do just fine.I know Michael Mussi Jr rider #838 from Wv will be there.I just have to get these parts from Hetrick tomorrow and build it to let him get use to it. He'll be putting some laps around our woods track in 2 hr sessions. The race will be a 1 hour race. He rides for hours at a time so 1 hour should be no problem.

2004 Pkm Promotions XC Champion (4-6) 50 cc open quad

Old 10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not griping, but its one thing to go to a local track and get beat. And another to go to a national xc event and get stomped. My kids would hate me if we drove the 2-3 hours and they got stomped because they could not run fast enough to stay with the rest. In the woods, I believe your right about the rider. In the open areas, and I have never been at this track and don't know how much open ares there is, a good motor will pull away from a good rider. Then, put the two of them together and it begins to be no fun for anyone except the guys who can afford it. We are trail riders. And racing is something I've tried to let them exsperance on the side. I have no doubt my son could hang with everone in the woods. He normally rides a 300EX. So going back down to the lt, he normally rides it as hard as possible, and has done a very good job when racing.
I am not familiar with the ama rules for small quads. Would they be limited in cc's? Ours is stock motor bored to fit the 105 piston. Slight porting, and clutch mods. Right now we are using the stock pipe. Where would that fit between production and limited? I know for a fact we can't run whith the Hetrick guys. Heck they have a company devoted to quads and making them fast. I'm a poor draftsman that farms on the side.

Old 10-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Ok. Looking at the rules posted on the GNCC web site, it leaves our quad stuck in the middle of the 2 classes. (production and limited) The limited class canot have any mods done to enhance performance. They can have parts changed for normal wear and tear. Would that mean changing the reeds to anything other than stock make it run it the production class? I had ours bored to fit the bigger 105 piston because our .80 over bore was shot, this was to get 1 more bore out of the jug, not to really increase performance. Would that make it fall into the production class? Thats the only 2 things I see that would make us have to run the production class, and that could be argued both ways. If we were to have to run the production class because of this I think we would just leave the quad at home and watch. If we could run the limited class, I will do my darndest get my son racing. Anyone have any interpations on these rules? I know for a fact there will be some hot "limited" quads there.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

The Dinli boys from Rushville will be there.We have never raced at a national event but I thought my boys should give it a shot.I really don't know if we'll be competitive or not but were going .Looking forward to meeting alot of the national riders who knows we might sneak up on a few of them.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

You have to stay in the cc limit. I understand what your saying. I don't even think about winning. I'm doing this for the fun of it. It has always been his dream to race in the nationals. This little guy lives to ride and race. Plus he needs some stiff compitition. Around here I have to run him in the 90 class to make him a faster rider while he's on a 50. And I under stand where your comeing from with the money thing. This racing is all for fun! Just as long as the kids are having fun I'll spend the money. What are your kid's #. We will look you all up[.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

If all goes well we will be there. I am chomping at the bit to see my son eat some dinli quad for lunch. It will be our first gncc race coz it is usually mx, but all fun is needed.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

My boys are really looking forward to racing in the GNCC.I hope they finish ,but being there should be special.We will have to get ama or atva # numbers when we get there.We have only raced at outlaw tracks but next season is a different story.As far as having Dinli for lunch ,that sounds like a challenge.Regardless it should be fun and in our home state what more could we ask for maybe top ten