Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

new cobra 70

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cobra 70

According to officials at Cobra – the most highly decorated competition mini cycle company of all time – the ECX70 will be the first showroom floor/race-ready competition mini cycle available. Like its brethren, the legendary Cobra mini cycles that have won more than 100 National AMA Titles throughout the past decade, this rowdy little beast will be ready for the winner’s circle right out of the crate!

“Our valuable customers would expect nothing less from Cobra than to go from the showroom floor directly to the podium,” said Cobra President Sean Hilbert. “The world-renown Cobra racing heritage will be passed along to the ECX70 and young athletes will experience – on four wheels – what our many champions have felt on two wheels with our seemingly unbeatable line of mini cycles.”

Some of the features on the new and exciting Cobra ECX70 junior quad cycle include:

Patent-pending chassis, designed by Arens Bros. Racing

Dual A-arm front suspension featuring Fox Shox

Directlink® rear suspension with fully adjustable shock

Lightweight hydraulic disc brakes front and rear

High output engine w/ six-speed sequential gearbox and hydraulic clutch

24mm D-slide carb coupled with a Boyesen RAD valve intake manifold

Top this off with cutting-edge styling and world-class Cobra customer support and you have an unbeatable package.

“I’m really proud of what we have been able to do with this little quad,” said Hilbert. “Much like our bikes, if you take a close look you realize that there’s nothing like it on the market - not even a full size unit! Right out of the crate it has world-class suspension, braking, and engine components – stuff that drastically improves performance and would cost thousands of dollars from the aftermarket.”

Hilbert continued: “We’ve been watching the competition quad market for awhile, and it’s a natural extension of our business model. Cobra’s goal is to supply the best youth competition products in the world, and the ECX70 fits squarely into that target.”

As a final note, Hilbert said – concerning the high performance nature of the ECX70 quad cycle - “As with our bikes, this product will not be for everybody. We are seeking out only the most talented kids who are experienced racers. This quad is not designed for the backyard.”

Cobra, founded in 1993, produces the most successful line of competition minicycles in the United States with more than 45 national titles in the last decade. Based out of Youngstown, Ohio, Cobra's mission is to build premium minicycles for the serious racer. For more information on Cobra products, please visit our website at cobramotorcycle.com.

Old 10-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new cobra 70

Word for word right off of the atv scene website.

Old 10-16-2004, 07:50 PM
geo
Trailblazer
Default new cobra 70

...which is word for word right off Cobra's site.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new cobra 70

Does it really matter where it came from?? Just passing on the info for some that may have not seen it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Range Rover
Default new cobra 70

it shouldnt matter but some people get excited about stuff like that
source has some good pic of it and its rumored to have a price tag of 8000.00
kinda steep but in the last 2 years i know i have at least 5000g in my sons Kasea
Dwayne

Old 10-17-2004, 10:36 AM
geo
Trailblazer
Default new cobra 70

it'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, will also ante up with a shifter mini. sure it can cost 5g's to build a fast CVT mini, but it's a whole different league when it comes to these fully suspended, liquid cooled, 6 speed machines. there's no comparison performance or cost-wise. to build a custom shifter can easily top 10 grand, so it sure would be great if some other OEM jumped on board, otherwise Cobra should monopolize the class. i guess the likely choices might be Dinli (with their Cannodale affiliation), LEM, or KTM???

question 2- will this thing run against other CVTs in a production class, or be restricted to run with other shifters in modified class?

Old 10-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default new cobra 70

Thats a good question. We ran D-12 last year and that class was a mod with shifters and cvt,s. Very hard to compete against them.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Range Rover
Default new cobra 70

from the info i have its projected twards the 70cc production class
cobra has dominated mini racing like the PW 50 class
and i dont think that anyone is going to step up to build a quad like this
Dwayne

Old 10-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default new cobra 70

Im glad I got a few more years before I gota look that direction.

Now if they can put there Auto cobra 50 moter in a little smaller chase then my eyes would be wide open!

Old 10-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Range Rover
Default new cobra 70

lem has the best chance of doing the but you see how there LC cayman was on the outs for atva

Quick Reply: new cobra 70