Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help with Raptor, Eton, & Dinli

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Raptor, Eton, & Dinli

My daughter currently rides an old Moto4 80 (1984). Which is basically a Raptor 80 without suspension. Her quads runs strong & reliable and with that in mind, the Raptor should be my choice of upgrade. I don't feel that the Raptor is the best bang for my buck. I've been looking at the Eton for sometime. My mechanic told me to check out the Dinli Diamondback 90. Don't anyone that rides either Eton or Dinli, friends own a Raptor (Pro Yamaha, Yamaha this, Yamaha that), not impressed. Had some help from another forum, check out other bikes, that just confussed me even more. Are all these quad parts made at one factory and just assemble at these different companies? I'm leaning toward the Dinli because it's displacement is larger than the Eton, suspension is pretty close @ 2.5" travel. Anyone out there tried any combination of these three, what do you think? My daughter may try the racing thing, so I want to make this choice a good one. She'll be on it for a few years until she can ride my wife's Blaster.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

Might want to check out Kasea also, or polaris preditor. If your doughter races you can get parts for all of these except the Yamaha. Don't forget the Honda 90 as well. My son has a Eton Viper, it was cheaper than the Polaris and we have a dealer close by that stocks parts. We've been on some gnarly trails with it and it has made it through just fine. I'm in the process of building it into a racer a couple parts at a time to give my boy time to adjust to the changes. Good luck picking one out.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My baby sister has a raptor 80 and it is a very solid and reliable machine. Basically requires no maintenance and still runs like a top.

That said, it is not up to the same powere specs some of the other minis have, at least from what I hear. We are looking into selling it and getting her a faster, more powerful model. Its not that we arent happy with the raptor, as it has been great. But if she is going to race we want her to have the power to compete.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know don't want to go with an automatic transmission, her moto4 is still as fast as the newer Raptor and both have auto-clutch 3 speed tranny. The Eton is automatic, have you tested it against any other quads that shifts? Suspension is also major, how's the suspension & speed on your son's quad?

Old 11-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fosters,

Ford, Chev & Import debate thing. No matter who you talk to, each has their favorite brand(s). And each family is stuck within their own financial limits.

As a suggestion, make a list of features that are critical too you, and put each brand of mini through your microscpe. Your checklist items could include:
- Suspension depth.
- Disc or Drum brakes
* Disc is much better for wet, mud & high speed riding
- Foot Brake, hand lever or don't matter
* Some say a foot brake is mandatory.
- Shaft drive, chain drive, don't matter
- 4 stroke / 2 stroke
* Watch out for state regulations on 2 stroke models.
- Maintenance Parts availability
- Upgrade Parts availability
- Dealer location
- Comfortable Body fit
- available colors / nice style
- ease of controls.
- Running boards or Nerf Bars
- Racks or no racks
- electric start or don't matter
- Optional daytime running lights or don't matter
* For dark bush trail riding, front lights should be mandatory.
- Wide back tires, or don't matter.
- Auto transmission or shift
- Reverse or don't matter
* For trail riding, Reverse is great to have.
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.

Based on your unique riding conditions and the score (based on 1-5) you assigned to each item, the total numbers at the bottom of your sheet will indicate the best 3 brands to focus on. From there, make a more refined list to narrow down to the top 2 brands.

PS. Forget about pleasing your neighbour. Since your "young rider" will be riding it, he/she should be the one to help you pick the best 1 out of 3. In other words, please your kid and NOT someone who won't be riding your future mini.

Hope these ideas helps...

Old 11-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Dinli is a fine quad they have parts and also aftermarket parts.All the brands you mentioned are pretty good quads and all have there pluses and minuses.The raptor is one I wouldn't choose.We have had Dinli for 3yrs. and my boys love them.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would buy kymco 50CC OR 90CC YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY I KNOW BECAUSE WE RACE THE 50CC AND ARE NAT#1 FOR 2YR IN A ROW.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

Go with the Dinli. Yeah I'm biased. The asian mini's are similar. Dinli is moving to be the biggest Asian company out there. They have the best support and parts availablity. Anyway, You wouldn't go wrong.

What ever you buy have fun and get all the safety equipment.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm leaning toward the Dinli & Kasea, my deciding factor is aftermarket parts. I found a source for the Kasea, where would I find stuff for the Dinli. The dealership for Dinli doesn't believe in aftermarket parts for mini's.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: Help with Raptor, Eton, & Dinli